1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 MGS4 Release date is 12th June

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by badders, 29 Feb 2008.

1. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

2. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

can't wait. mgs1 was the best game on the playstation, mgs2 best on ps2, i can see a pattern.

3. alastor

alastor Minimodder

Hmm I think MGS3 was better than 2, tough call though as they're both excellent. [/dons flame proof hat]

I'm hoping that it will come to 360 eventually, if not then I'll get a PS3 after a price drop or two.

4. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

there will be a MGS4 PS3 bundle released whent he game comes out so you could get the ps3 and the game together.

have heard if that bundle will be in Europe or not but I think it will.

anyways im defenitly getting this game.

5. StevenJam

StevenJam What's a Dremel?

cant wait

ps3 getting good this year

6. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

MGS3 was way better then 2. Raiden was a whiny pansy. The sniper battle with The End is by far better then 90% of MGS2. While I enjoyed MGS2, especially the part where it freaks out, I still believe that MGS3 was vastly superior.

7. Major

Major Guest

Depends, I think they are two totally different games. :)

MGS2 was not very long imo, and it felt like an "experiment" on the PS2 compared to MGS3. MGS3 was longer if I can remember, had a lot better graphics, had a lot more features, was a lot more interesting, and is one of the best games I've ever played.

8. automagsrock

That's true. MGS2 did have a certain feel to it and yes, it was not very long. I still enjoyed it, especially the multi-Metal Gear Ray fight at the end, but I just wish I could've been playing as Snake the entire time instead of him making "cameos" here and there after the beginning. I believe that this is the "experiment," and more then likely not many people liked this new "direction".

9. D3s3rt_F0x

D3s3rt_F0x What's a Dremel?

MGS 1 yes possibly one of greatest games ever length was disappointing but tbh I cant fault it other than the length played it through about 20 times when I got it.

MGS 2 was brilliant up until the point where it messed up and your infact in a VR machine and for me that managed to ruin the whole of the first game and also all the 2nd.

Didnt bother touching 3 after the abysmal ending to 2 which managed to ruin the first 2.

4 I might get depends although I dont have a PS3, or know anyone who owns one, sure I could find a way though.

10. lockdown

lockdown What's a Dremel?

It is about time they made a release date for this game. Hope this will be a very good game.

11. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I guess im gonna have to finaly buy a ps3.

12. Major

Major Guest

I really really suggest you buy Snake Eater, it's one of the best games you will ever play imo. :)

13. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Yes, you could skip MSG2 and go straight into Snake Eater since it as a prequel anyway. I watched a friend play it from start to finish and just watching got me hooked. I ended up purchasing Twin Snakes for GC and playing through. Gave MGS2 a shot, but I went straight into MSG3 no prob and loved it.

MGS4 is shaping up to have the same wow factor MSG3 had for me by just watching someone play. I look forward to it on day 1. Going to pre-order so I can participate in the MGS:Online beta.

14. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

Can't wait. The original MGS is one of the greatest games of all time. MGS2 was good, but well, you know. MGS3 was incredibly good! MGS4 is going to be teh roxxorz.

15. Jammy_eel

Jammy_eel What's a Dremel?

Awesome, another reason to buy a PS3 :D

16. EternalIllusion

EternalIllusion What's a Dremel?

I am trying to 'not be at all bothered' seeing as to how im not buying a ps3.

17. automagsrock

I just started another run through on MGS3 last night after reading this thread. The game looks so much better on my new TV then it did on my old 27" I had originally played it on.

JUst makes me want MGS4 more and more for some intense Hi-Def gaming-goodness :D