1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TVs HD TV Tuners (Need Help)!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vegettoxp, 1 Mar 2008.

1. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

Hey Guys, I have looked around and I still can't decide to which one I should good. Everyone was telling me to go with Hauppauge, but my friend told me to go with LeadTek. I found one that I like (WinFast PxDVR3200 H) but I can't find any reviews or where I can buy this. So if you guys can recommend me some of your choices, that might help me make my final decision. (I am look for PCI-E Interface Card). Thx for all the help!

P.S. Fusion:clap::rock::thumb:

2. Zytek_Fan

Zytek_Fan The tortoise

3. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

You never told us you source input or where you are in the world it's a bit hard to recommend anything.

4. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

First of all I am not buying any ATI Product. I had bad experiance with them But thx for the help. Here is the information about me. I live in the United States and I source will be Cable.

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Wouldn't you need a digital cablecard then? If so you're a bit screwed.

6. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

For encrypted channels you would need a cablecard (as Ramble states) which are not sold seperately but are sold with new systems. If you can live with unencrypted channels then you have a few choices such as the hauppauge hvr1250(PCI-e) or hdhomerun(network device) etc. You need to look for a card that has atsc tuner that supports QAM for unencrypted channels. The card you linked to looks like a dvb-t/ananlogue card, dvb-t is not bradcasted in your neck of the woods.

Last edited: 7 Mar 2008
Tags: