1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is disgraceful

Discussion in 'Serious' started by will., 3 Mar 2008.

1. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

and anything else that would threaten their life.
    Maybe there is a back story, maybe the puppy bit his manhood off ... I know I would throw a puppy if it did that to me.

2. Tim92

Tim92 Blah! Blah!

That disgusting......

That ain't Fake! Dogs and Cats alike are the same way when you hold them by there neck. Though I think a Bullet is drastic. A dark alley and well I let yuo decide. I do thank our Soldiers in Iraq but that man has problems! He needs to be out of the Service.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Should anyone here that's suggesting the guy should be shot be allowed to either? You all sound like my brother - anyone who does something he doesn't like deserves to be shot.

4. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

Having had time to reflect you may be correct, some electrodes to the testicals may be more proportionate.

I don't expect soldiers to be little darlings, god their job is to go out and kill when required.
    That doesn't excuse this type of act, whether it be perpetrated against other humans or animals.

5. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Of course not. But it is kind of inevitable. if you train people to kill when required, they will desensitise to the act of killing.

I mean, the enemy is depersonalised; it is kill-or-be-killed. After blowing a human's head off a few times (whether they were trying to kill you too or not), killing a puppy seems no big deal anymore. Torture seems no big deal anymore (even the government says it's OK, after all). Rape seems no big deal anymore.

Really, I wonder why people are so surprised.

6. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I never said this kind of behavior is excusable, nor will I ever (no matter how much I despise puppies). But... well, Nexxo beat me to it. These guys are living in an environment where people are dying all around them - both enemies, friendlies, and friends. I can only guess as to what that can do to you psychologically with prolonged exposure, but I'd bet this kind of behavior is probably on the friendlier side of what can result.

7. Major

Major Guest

QFT!

8. JoeJones

JoeJones What's a Dremel?

Your right...that is disgraceful.

Put that soldier in a room with me after seeing that and he won't be able to reach for his gun quick enough.....

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You're right. He'd be too busy beating the poopoo out of you, and then laughing for a fair old while because you attempted to beat a soldier up for throwing some dog off a cliff.

This thread needs a whole load of tampons to stopper the bleeding hearts and god damn emoness.

edit: Welcome back Nexxo, hope you had a nice time in Portugal dude :D

10. Major

Major Guest

The guy is scum, a piece of utter ****, hurting anything which cannot defend itself is cowardness, end of.

Hope this guy and the people filming it get an IED under their vehicle.

11. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Assuming the video was real, which I still doubt, this act was not cowardness, it was brief entertainment. Understanding that is important.

12. Major

Major Guest

Wow so funny, maybe I should go out and mug an old lady tonight.

People kill for entertainment as well, does it mean it's ok?

13. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I too hope this man's body parts are scattered across the streets of Iraq/Afghanistan. While we're at it lets **** his kids in front of his wife and then kill them. After all he killed an animal.

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm tempted to say yes tbh.

But, I won't point out the flaws in most people here's morality just yet. Instead, I'll say that it's important that you understand that this was not an act of cowardness, that to a man who throws a puppy off a cliff it's a brief act of entertainment and nothing more. Someone can do that because they don't value life, or because the life they're ending isn't very valuable. We all end the lives of bugs or very small insects on a regular basis. Many people hunt and kill larger animals. We mostly eat meat from animals some of whom have painfull lives. Where to draw the line? As Nexxo says, when you train people to kill, fly them out to a desert, make them shoot the natives, don't be surprised if they don't think killing a puppy is a big deal.

Agreed, except for I'm not pro-death penality. People let the "aww, a puppy" get in the way of their objectivity hugely here. Half a million iraqi's dead and we're all whining about some possibly murdered quadraped with less intelligence than a crow.

15. Major

Major Guest

Err, it's actually about a million tbh.

And what has this got to do with Iraqi civilians, this thread is about animal cruelty, not the descruction of a county.

16. z3rb

z3rb +4 str +4 stam

Couldn't agree with Spec more. Seriously, people, you think SHOOTING a guy is the right course of action? Get a grip.

**** happens.

17. specofdust

specofdust Banned

The point is priorities, obviously. Big problems should be dealt with before small problems. Iraqi dogs are not in short supply (plenty of US soldiers routinely shoot feral dogs by the roadside simply because they spread disease, and cause all the problems you'd expect from ridiculously out of control dog populations) - some guy throwing one off a cliff is not a big deal. Hundreds of thousands of people killed is a big deal.

If they'd done this to some non-cute animal (a snake, for instance) few people would give a toss. Yet because it's a cute widdle puppy wuppy everyone's mightily upset at the Evil Man who Deserves To Be Shot and we all do the macho talk about beating him up or shooting him if we could even though it's all a load of internet tough man crap, but no-one calls us out on it because we're all doing it because this man is Clearly Evil and so we all just do the internet toughman ******** together.

It's so god damn childish. Grow the **** up.

18. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Good times. Blue sunny skies and 20C, excellent espressos at every street corner for 50c (38p), great food, great wine, a culture that endorses a lunch break of at least one hour. What more can I say? :D

Spec is not saying that it's OK; he is trying to explain the perspective of the soldier. Before we get to the fun part of judgement, we have to first work through the messy part of understanding, you know?

Exactly. These people commit their atrocities so we can feel comforted by the delusion that we can keep our shiny toys running and be safe from the terrorists™. This is the reality of waging war. This is what you get when you train soldiers and send them out to kill for Democracy/The American Way/Queen and Country (delete as applicable). It just saddens me that the killing of a puppy (an animal which is scientifically proven to be less intelligent than the pig whose bacon you happily have for breakfast every day) seems to attract more outrage on the intertubez than the death of a million Iraqi civilians.

19. specofdust

specofdust Banned

They say the man who needs a holiday most is he who just returned from one. But with 6 exams in two weeks, snow and rain near non-stop, I think you just made me need a holiday more than that guy :D

Doesn't sadden me. Annoys the hell out of me. With the mindsets that allot their emotional responses that way though, it's no surprise that we're bombing various places around the world.

20. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Spec I think you should join this disgrace for life when we put a bullet through his ****ing head and end the horror.