1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Insanity/ going to bed for the rest of your life cures

Discussion in 'General' started by loops, 5 Mar 2008.

1. knuck

knuck Hate your face

ah well in this case ...

yesterday I was really pissed off and depressed while working.. my job sucks and I just can't wait to be done with college (meh) so when I got out of work, i really enjoyed driving back home in my new car (which I posted in the what you drive thread , page 63 i think ;) )

It worked like a charm to cheer me up :D

if you don't have a car or if you hate it, then THIS just HAS to work ! I know it always works for me :D

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=w-DcNPFWhbk

(okay the videoclip is weird but the song always cheers me up :D)

2. iggy

iggy Minimodder

cheesecake.

3. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

Usually I'll ring around, organsie a couple of my really close mates to go for a drink, and sit in the pub garden, talking about life, with a pint of ale, and a couple of smokes.

Now i'm not saying that alcohol solves a problem, however, it can give you the confidence to talk to someone about your problem. And talking helps for me more than anything.

4. Major

Major Guest

For me it's working out, either doing weights with some real positive music, or just going for a nice long jog down the river.

When you finish, you'll feel quite amazing if you've worked yourself to the limit.

5. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

;)
    Allthough it's just another way of delaying the misery.

6. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

QFT. Drinking alone rarely helps anything, but with friends it becomes an entirely different scenario

7. mctigger

mctigger What's a Dremel?

Depends on what im down about..
    sometimes talking to someone, sometimes dealing with it on your own by going for a walk, listening to music, working out there all good, but one i just discovered, me and my gf split over a month ago and i have been very down and upset about, was talking to her about it, now its not as bad as it was, but facing your problems does help majorly.
    The worst thing to do is push your depression down and repress it, cause it WILL rear its head, in a way you won't like, trust me on this one.

8. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

Am I the only one that goes shopping when I'm depressed? Shiny things always help me.. something sparkly to look at when all the world is miserable. Then again, I'm a girl and I like sparkly, shiny things.

That or travel. I tend to travel very very far away when I feel down for an extended period of time. Sometimes I think it's important to remember what it's like to be awed, to feel inspired. I remember on my way to London from Hong Kong and I was looking out the window and there was this amazing quiltwork of crops and agriculture with an incredible river snaking through the lowlands of Western Siberia.

9. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

MystChic..
    I like sparkly and shiny things too.
    A brand new Mercedes C-class AMG 63 in metallic black, 19" AMG wheels. And chrome.. loads of chrome..
    /me wanders off to sell a kidney. :D

10. Lovah

Lovah Apple and Canon fanboy

Call op some mates and get pissed.
    Driving around in an area when lots of homeless people, that always cheers me up.
    Buy something expensive.

Shooting range is a good place to vent, but not such a good idea when you're depressed.

11. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Here' what works for me:

Prayer / Meditation: Great if properly done BUT can drag you deeper if not.

Rest: It's amazing what a good night's sleep (or two) can do for a bad attitude.

Talk to / spend time with friends / family: Sometimes I need a pat on the back or a hug, sometimes a swift kick in the rear :lol:

When those fail:

Create "Art":
    1) Wrestle with your feelings AND to get them onto something outside of yourself (a poem / song / letter to God / painting / bunch of silly lines & blotches on a page - it doesn't matter what and no one else ever has to see it)
    2) Rest a few days.
    3) Look at it objectively.
    4) Set it aside and try to create a piece that expresses what you want to feel / be instead.

Last edited: 10 Mar 2008
  12. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

I spent the afternoon watching 'once' whilst eating doughnuts from greggs and drinking mountain dew, then went for a quick run despite the rain to help burn off some of the doughnuts.

Gluttony, a sweet little film, and excercise to get the blood pumping. Does it get any better?

13. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

Leave Middlesborough.....

14. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i go skiing or biking, depending on the snow conditions. although i do that everyday anyways, it never fails to cheer me up when i'm down.

15. Tinhead85

Tinhead85 What's a Dremel?

I usually go for a run, amazing what cold legs and sweat can do for your system, generally makes me think straight

16. tssen

tssen What's a Dremel?

I agree. A workout from hell usually does it for me. High intensity weighttraining and some rowing or running. Reboots my body and mind.
    That and talking to family/friends.

17. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

If I'm feeling like crap for some reason, not illness but emotionally, I repeat the phrase 'Time heals all wounds" and I usually try to sleep it off, watch tv, or in the summer, go on a bike ride, something to take my mind off of it.

18. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

Trust me in an ideal world. I would! I hate the place. It's filled with crap memories, crap people, and crapper weather but unfortunatley I have 2 years of degree to complete, all my family/boyfriend/ friends here.