1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Food in Resturant was off...

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Major, 8 Mar 2008.

1. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

wow, you've never worked in a chain 'restaurant'.

'He'd be purging all the cooking equipment used on that fish, be checking freezer temperatures and remaining stock condition'
    This was actually funny. There's just no way. Maybe dip the tongs in the fryer to clean them off... maybe a quick glance at the other vacuum packed plastic bags of fish.
    The bollockings, oh yes, definitely. Delegate the blame!

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

OK, perhaps I was thinking of a proper restaurant. My wife used to be a chef; that's how she would do it. Cooks in McChains may of course handle things differently.

3. MystChic

MystChic Geology Rocks!

Once upon a time I worked in catering and our head chef was exact about this sort of thing. We did everything in bulk, but we kept samples of everything that we did and froze them and they were kept for two weeks. Everything was labelled with the supplier, the date and the invoice number. Nothing we served was ever past it's use-by date. We got fresh fish delivered by order only.

4. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

5. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

Good sushi is about the best thing in existence (anyone who says otherwise is a godless heathen)

If you're ever in the DC/Baltimore area and want good sushi, the best place is a little tiny place here in Columbia, called Daikatana, which has 2 booths and 8 tables total, but is widely known as one of the best sushi places in the state. (call ahead 3 hours for a reservation, 5 on major holidays, and be sure to show up on time, or you'll find someone is in your seat. same goes for the sushi bar)

6. Ryu_ookami

Ryu_ookami I write therefore I suffer.

Best place I've find for food in Ipswich is a place Called "Temptations" really nice food, staff are really friendly and its only £11.00 pound for all you can eat :) (Chinese restaurant. all recipes are Chinese except for the really cool Teppanyaki bar where they cook the food in front of you including really really nice fresh baby squid).

I've also just been asked by My GF to let you know that the quote below is true However.

Apparently it will always take second place to DECENT ramen.

7. Nexxo

Yeah, I know... :sigh: I would go back to Portugal tomorrow if I could --and stay there forever.

Has to be cooked in spring water however. Otherwise you ruin the taste.

8. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

The sweet rice in Sushi has always put me off it. I had some very nice sashimi when I was in Portugal last year though.

9. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Nexxo - I'd recommend China Red on broad street too, obviously no sushi, but nice food non the less! I'm always amazed at how many of my friends will put up with bad food because they don't want to complain. I'm not that outgoing but i'll happily complain in resteraunts if need be!

RwD

10. Major

Major Guest

My second favourite food after Sushi has to be...

[​IMG]

Pasterma, I could actually live on it, well I pretty much do when I'm in Egypt. :)

11. Nexxo

All Middle Eastern food is cheesecake. :thumb:

Will try. And for Middle Eastern food, there is Shiraz on Hagley Road, Beirut on Holloway Circus to name a few. In London, visit Fairuz on 1 Blandford Street.

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Steady there boyo. I agree the above looks quite ridiculously tasty - but there are some examples of lebanese food that I wouldn't wish on people I don't like. And you're all annoyingly well placed to go to good restaurants btw.

13. Major

Major Guest

99% of Middle Eastern food is cheesecake, but there are a few dishes which I will never touch again (i.e. Intestines stuffed with a mix of things, and some stuffed skin sausages are not good at all), but everything else is amazing..

One thing which I put about a stone on when I was out there was stuffed pizza, basically a pizza, but with everything inside it, the taste is unreal, and again we ate it 4-5 times per week.

14. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I rarely ever get a bad meal

But if I do there is hell to pay

15. Charel

Charel What's a Dremel?

Just coming in to second nexxo really, Birmingham has some wonderful places to eat. you could probably not go 5 miles from the rotunda and eat well somewhere different every day for 6 months

16. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

You mean a calzone? Good ain't they ^_^ I order them whenever they're on the menu :)

17. Major

Major Guest

Not exactly, it's a shape of a pizza, which is made of pastry, but it has a hollow inside, which is stuffed with pizza toppings or whatever you like. Beats pizza anyway.

18. Guest-2867

Guest-2867 Guest

Sounds good, far too naughty though lol