1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Air Cooling, Which One?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vegettoxp, 10 Mar 2008.

1. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

Hello there Guys, I just wanted to get your opinion on which Cooler I should buy. Now that Intel is finally getting ready to release 45-nm Quad-Core Processor, I wanted to get a really good Air Cooling Solution. The Processor that I am planning to get is the Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450. Right now I have no plans to OC my processor. So after reading the information I gave you, Which of the Coolers would you guys recommend me getting. I am looking for Good Performance and Nice Looks too. Which Give me 1, 2, and 3 Choice? Thank you for your help!

Cooler-Master Coolers

Hyper 212 - (RR-CCH-LB12-GP)
    CM Sphere - (RR-CCZ-LL12-GP)

Asus Coolers

Triton 79 Amazing
    Silent Square EVO
    Arctic Square

Thermalright Cooler

Ultra-120 eXtreme

P.S. Fusion:clap:

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

Thermalright Cooler

Ultra-120 eXtreme

Or a Scythe infinity

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Ultra-120 eXtreme may not look like a super cooler, but it is the top performer.

[​IMG]

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme w. a Yate Loon 120mm fan.

5. sheninat0r

sheninat0r What's a Dremel?

They should make an IFX version of the Ultra-120 for looks... hehe. If you don't plan to overclock, then your cooler choice is somewhat less important - as long as it's better than stock, it works.

That said, you could try the new[ish] Zerotherm NV120 or the older BTF90 coolers, which are definitely unique-looking, and decent performers as well.

6. tssen

tssen What's a Dremel?

Why not Tuniq Tower?

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I haven't heard of any Asus coolers that would have been worth buying. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they should just keep on making hardware and laptops. Cooler Master... Well meh, not too much good about them either.

Thermalright? Hell yes. It's pretty much THE cooler manufacturer. Scythe is good if you're looking for silence (ever heard of da mighty Ninja) but when it comes to raw cooling power, I'd say Thermalright.

8. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Bit-Tech use one in their case reviews - but whether that's just so they have a common testing point I don't know.

9. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

10. vegettoxp

vegettoxp What's a Dremel?

I had a feeling that you guys were gona recommend me the Thermalright and I am really cool with. That would be my first choice on my list. But I just wanted to get other recommendations before I make my final decisions. I have a Cooler-Master Cooler in my current PC and I have never had any problems with it. The reason I am looking at Asus is , because there Cooler's really look nice and I thought that Since they are the Leader when it comes to Motherboards, they should know what type of cooling is needed. I may be wrong. But that was my thinking. Of course I am gona do some deep reviews on cooler that I choose. I just wanted to have two more that I can look at besides Thermalright. Thx for the input!

11. aurora

aurora JAVA GURU !!!

Ultra-120 eXtreme. Also Tuniq tower is great..

Tags: