1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Molyneux claims significant AI discovery

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 Mar 2008.

1. chrisuk

chrisuk What's a Dremel?

I'm gonna stand up for Peter and the guys at Lionhead - they do make good games, by far and away better than a lot of the tosh out there.

And so what if he's arrogant, everyone is so quick now a days to slam people down who have even the remotest passion and enthusiasm in what they do. I'd much rather he be arrogant, enthusiastic, and committed to what he's doing than the other option. I still don't know any game in a similar style that I've enjoyed more than B&W and B&W2

2. David_Fitzy

David_Fitzy I modded a keyboard once....

3. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

If I go outside and paint all the leaves brown on York Uni campus will he give me fable 2? I have to say it was a very playable game, excellent narrative which is for me what makes or breaks a game.

Blades of Exhile was epic because of the narrative, not because of it's very very quirky gameplay mechanics (anyone who knows what game that is, you win a cookie).

4. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

I haven't trusted Peter since Black & White. I'm sorry, but repetitively watering trees and throwing giant monkeyman turds != awesome Ai.

5. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

6. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

What a cock........................rel

7. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

Does this mean that enemies will stop being stuck behind things?

8. -equilerex-

-equilerex- What's a Dremel?

seeing how advanced the creature ai was in b&W 1, I think they might even have something going on....

9. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

In his defence in B&W creature AI was amazing....most people just didn't get it though. The vast majority of people taught their creature afew spells and used it to fight other creatures and complete the set tasks and didnt little else. BUT the creature could build and maintain entire towns on his own if you have the patience and the know how to teach him........it's a shame B&W2 tried an over simplistic approach to solve these issues.

Tags: Add Tags