1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Gorgeous work, Tribal. As always. Can't wait to see production versions too.

2. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

I'm late! Ahhh! I think. Yeah I'm a day late. It's because I didn't get much done two days ago when I was in the studio. So I just combined two days ago this yesterdays work. Here it is!

Mar-10-2008

Making some aluminum washer like covers to cover up the ugliness of the side skirt.
    [​IMG]

Like so,...
    [​IMG]

Sanded a bevel all the way around. Going to round these little things.
    [​IMG]

Rounded some,...
    [​IMG]

Ass you can see I bent the one side of the little cover things to better hug the sides skirt things. I will clean this shpae up later.
    [​IMG]

320 sanding,... ready for buffing.
    [​IMG]

Done. As you can see I ended up rounding both sides. What I was going to do turned out to be ugly. So I rounded both sides. Looks good though!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Now,... CHANGE OF PLAN!!! Originally I was going to make a wire harness like bracket but I changed my mind. This is what I'm going to do.
    [​IMG]

Got to love how like these two things are. The shape. good job Tribal:) *pats self on back*
    [​IMG]

Rounded. Lovely.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Look at that! I think I will get into jewerly! I'm going to make a tribaloverkill friendship bracelets! Who wants one! LOL.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Some change. Bet you dont even remember what was here:)
    [​IMG]

BAM. This is cool. This is the aluminum top piece. Only the area of the holes is polished. Everything else is dusted:) Cool ehhh?!?
    [​IMG]

Acrylic on top. Very cool looking.
    [​IMG]

Bands on.
    [​IMG]

Sweet.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is what I'm doing with the wires. Hot! Going to be like this on both sides.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

This is going to be by far the coolest reservoir EVER made. Seriously. I am loving this.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Going to sleep and then try and go back ASAP! This res is like just about,... 90% complete!

3. tanky_walrus

tanky_walrus What's a Dremel?

Oh sweet as...those reservoirs are SWEET man :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Thanks for the quick reply...I can't wait! Cheers

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

bevel candy! QHS is going to mess hisself.:hehe: Turning the wiring into part of the design is a good call. It looks badass!

5. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

You should make something non-cylindrical. I bet it would be wild.

6. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

Sorry did that ∞ times already. ;) Agreed, the tubing integration looks awesome. I can only imagine once everything is lit up. :eeek:

7. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I'm not real sure that is legal in most of the states in the US. I think they have laws against this much art!:thumb:
    John

8. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

lol I know what we need. Sunglasses! :cooldude:

9. tribaloverkill

Thanks guys!

@ Fozzy - Very soon I will start making res's of other shapes. Not just 5.25" bay boxes;)

10. Cheapskate

OOh! I never thought about it, but fitting tube bits to make spheres or a figure 8... Then there's that phallic fountain res you did...:hehe:
    I'm still looking for some d*mn dark uv green sheet to make retro vacum tube reservoirs with.

11. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Tribal what's going on? No updates in a long time now, I'm beginning to worry, I hope you are well!

12. tribaloverkill

No worries man:) I'm taking care of business:) I plan on doing some work on Qhs's res in the next few days. No worries man. Sorry for the delay.

13. tribaloverkill

Small update! Would of been bigger but I broke QHS's sFX bottom! LOL. check it out,... OH, HI! It's been a while:)

Apr-28-2008

Making some devices for wire management:) Using the drillpress as a mill. Worked ok but the was alot of chatter because the crossslide vise has a lot of play. It tooka couple of passes to make this cut. Plus the end mill it only a 3 flute endmill. Lots of slapping.
    [​IMG]

Round edges and some sanding. I stil lhave to figure out what im doing with these wires I mean there are alot of leds. I want to condense, kinda, but i'm not sure how I want to doit. I dont really want to resort to shrink wrap. There isnt all that much room under the reservoir as is. I already have to make spacers just to get these rings under the res. Hmmm,...
    [​IMG]

They work like so. I love em. They are simple and small. They dont get mounted down but they doo kepp everything together nicely:)
    [​IMG]

Some polishing:)
    [​IMG]

I was taking aprt QHS's res to finalize its finish and OMG the end piece were hard to get off. First, I purposelly make them tight to fit. Second they been on there a while. So everything was dry. Getting them off were a pain. I have to make note that they dont need to fit THAT tight. Anyways,... After working it off, it was right there at the end! Just a little bit more to go and BAAM! It flies off slamming against the floor. I can assure you I let out a god ole S@#$!!! So I had to make a new one.
    [​IMG]

This is a new design. More supported.
    [​IMG]

This is a small care package for Wolverine from Bit-Tech. He lives in Sweden and apparently acrylic rods are hard to come by. So I bought him what he needed here because you can get anything in the USA:) Just have to mail it.
    [​IMG]

I plan on going spending some time in the studio this week. Definitely this weekend. I have off this weekend. This res is just about down. There are only a few things left to do. I need some studio time too. It's been to long. As usual,.. I need a maid. That place is a mess! I dont feel like cleaning it up:(

14. Cheapskate

Yay! You're back! You must be busy- You didn't watermark the pics.:D
    Nice cable/hose ties.

15. tribaloverkill

Damn I forgot to watermark! Oh well,... I have to remember to do so for the next update. Thanks for pointing that out. I need to make a new watermark too.

16. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

looking good tribal!

17. widmod

widmod Minimodder

sweet stuf as always tribal :thumb:

18. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Woo! Glad to see some progress. I was wondering what happened to this. Nice of you to help out Wolverine, it's people like you who makes this place what it is.

19. Cheapskate

I skipped making a crack about you breaking QHS's bottom so someone else could. Wake UP! people!:hehe:

20. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Tribal, can we have a heads up on what's going on? I know you where alive two days ago, so I'm not going to worry to much.. but I/we miss you!