1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Haze will always be PS3 exclusive

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Mar 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

For some reason I'm just not fussed about Haze at all, not sure why. Even less now as I'll probably never get to play it.

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

PC and 360 gamers have got lots of quality FPS title out now and coming, so one more wouldn't make mush of a difference really, but at a time when the PS3 needs exclusives to keep the brand alive as a gaming. just look at the game attachment records per PS3 machine, as a blu-ray player it couldnt be doing any better, as a gaming console it still so poor.

this comes for an owner who has both

4. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Well, with the quoted premise of, "...corporation-run future where a performance enhancing drug called NECTAR..." and badies that resemble bumblebees... it just sounds cheesy! I don't blame you :)

5. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

w*****s. I was looking forward to that. I refuse to play FPSs on a console as a matter of principal, they've shot themselves in the foot as far as my moneys concerned (which probably isn't bothering them that much)

6. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

Think Fortress is doing the rounds on ITV2 late at night. Go Go Mantel Corporation!

7. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I wonder how much Sony coughed up for that one.

Money that would (IMO) have been better spent actually making more games. Oh well.

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i am not waiting, i am playing Crysis and all the other good PC games at the moment.

it's just going to be like Halo1, "amazing FPS" and turns out to be just an average shooter if it were released on PC.

9. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

iiiiiiinteresting. free radical are awesome, and PS3's list of forthcoming games are looking mighty promising. i'm starting to really like their online philosophy too; looks like i'll be getting one come pre-christmas promo time.

10. The Chugnut

The Chugnut What's a Dremel?

Oh no! Generic FPS isn't being ported! Call the media!

11. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

I think the main reason is because nobody knows how well this new IP is going to do? Haze has no history, and ubisoft's record is flaky at best to be honest. If it tanks, then there most definitely wont be a PC/360 port. But if it rocks.. and gains a reputation then I can see them changing their minds.

As a PS3 owner Im hoping its good obviously. UT3 and COD4 on console has changed my mind about FPS on console. It can work, providing you understand the compromises.

Of course, I also game on PC's so its win-win all round really.

12. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I used to play wow with someone who claimed to work on Haze, he said they basically developed it for the PC then ported it over to the ps3 ... I wonder if their dev tools are really that clever or if it would be as easy as pie to get it running on 360/pc

13. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

I think this is great for PS3 as it seems like it will be a great game that will sell alot but personally I couldnt care less as I wont get it as it doesnt look interesting for me even though I have a PS3. plenty of other games for me. :)

14. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

well, it's free radical. those guys haven't really made a duff game, well, ever. it will be good, if not excellent.

15. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Mehhh.....i'll be selling my Ps3 soon anyways....
    My Pc and 360 do me just fine :D

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Meh, they'll port it when revenue goes flat. Why deprive yourself of making more money on other platforms? There is no way Sony can pay what they would make selling it for the PC and 360.

17. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

A bit of a letdown for me personally, as I don't care for the 'dumbed down' playing with consoles. I'm a PC gamer, and would prefer it on that platform. Oh well. I have a PS3, so I may rent it or borrow it from someone who has it, but I'm not going out of my way to get it simply on principle.

Release a PC version and you'll get my cash, guys.

18. cAPS lOCK

cAPS lOCK What's a Dremel?

19. sub routine

sub routine Archie Gemel

I agree with everyone, the fact a desperate Sony has an exclusive mediocre shooter in a world of GREAT Fps's at the moment won't make me rush out and buy a console which doesn't care about European gamers.

Ff might though.

Tags: Add Tags