1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V x1650 pro tv out

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by modster, 19 Mar 2008.

1. modster

modster What's a Dremel?

hope someone can help me out here because this problem is driving me nut.

I am trying to set up a htpc with an ati x1650 pro right now. I bought a 7pin s-video to one yellow rca adapter so i can connect it to the tv. Unfortunately, it doesn't work!! I went into the catalyst control center and it couldn't detect my tv. So i tried to use the force TV detection option to make the tv appear under display manager. I have tried different configurations under display manager and have no luck. So any ideas?

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

try install ATI Tray Tool, then active TV from there.

it's working very well on my downstairs media PC (very dated, but can still manage to play most non-HD videos fine) with x800GTO.

3. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

IIRC, I had to change my main monitor to my TV (and disable my TFT) when I wanted the TV to act as a screen, but that's on my Nvidia though.

4. modster

modster What's a Dremel?

i just installed ati tray tool. It seems like it couldn't detect my tv is connected unless i do force detection in catalyst. Anyways, whenever i try to enable tv out, it switches back to off after i click apply or ok. any thoughts?