1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music I need some new music!

Discussion in 'General' started by will., 6 Feb 2008.

1. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Why don't you sign up for last.fm? It'll track your music tastes and suggest new stuff based on it.

2. K

K 528491

The new Hot Chip is indeed pure distilled amazingness. If you're down with that, I'd totally recommend a bit of Shy Child, ie their last album Noise Won't Stop.

Battles, of course, are utterly essential.

If you fancy a bit of indie rock that goes beyond the conventional, please please please check out the outrageously brilliant Menomena. Just do it.

Bring on the heavy? Check out the highly prolific Japanese band Boris. Their new album, Smile, is a cracker. Although kinda not out yet. Otherwise check out Pink and Heavy Rocks. Balls to the wall stuff.

Tusk are another cool band to try. Featuring members of instrumental wunder-band Pelican, their latest album, The Resisting Dreamer, is a fantastic mix of sludge, rock, metal and all out grind. Fantastic stuff.

If you fancy something a little different, I'd suggest giving the new Why? album a try. It's called Apolecia and is pretty hard to classify. Without making it sound like Limp Bizkit, it's a delicious amalgamation of the best of quirky rock and underground hip-hop. And if you end up liking that, there's a whole slew of other bands you'd love.

3. zerolock

zerolock What's a Dremel?

second that and add some Arch Enemy, which is a bit more brutal but none the less melodic. The vocalist also knows her stuff. :D
    Some other heavy **** you could try include Soilwork, Kreator :rock:
    also check out Franz Ferdinand and The Hives and for total audio suicide try Zyklon :D:D

4. Clocked

Clocked Yar! It be drivin' me nuts...

Thrice? the alchemy index(I & II) was released recently and imo was pretty good - your taste in tunage sounds fairly similar to my own, and i also got sick of my old playlists. My cure was to go hunting for some old gold...

5. charlesbeams

charlesbeams TRANCEFORMer

Alestorm - Captain Morgan's Revenge

fantastic music, pirate metal from scotland :)

6. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Maybe try some Slipknot, specifically subliminal verses. Before I forget is an amazing song.

Also +1 for CKY

7. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

If you like emo music you could try Damien Rice, esp. his second album 9 Crimes.

For metal try Rebellion, Rhapsody, or - more rock-ish Secret Sphere. Oh yeah, I will also suggest Apocalyptice, even though there is no singing in it most of the time.

Just about everything else I have would be "mindless" in your opinion.

8. PHPASP

PHPASP I LIKE TO CODE IT CODE IT I LIKE TO

9. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

My Chemical Romance
    **Avenged Sevenfold**
    System of a Down

www.metroidmetal.com:rock::rock: fun fun fun, free to download

10. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Pierce The Veil
    Grace Gale
    City And Colour

11. lcdguy

lcdguy Minimodder

I am not a big fan of the heavier metal stuff but these might be something you would like.

Transsiberian Orchestra - Symphonic Rock
    Queen
    Classic Rock(rolling stones, alice cooper, styx, etc)

12. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

I just discovered "The 69 eyes". They are great. It's pretty soft but still good metal. Check out the album "Devils", Specifically the song "Devils" and "Sister of Charity". The latter is kind of emo-ish. I just love the vocal in that song.

Sister of Charity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRteeTYULZ8 (just put on the video and minimize the window. The "video" is awful!

Devils: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5rh969E9oA

SOAD isn't music, dammit!

13. Boldar

Boldar Minimodder

14. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Someone clearly didn't read the opening post now did they?

The two bands I'd personally recomend for that metal edge, but with bucketloads of melody and talent, are Iron Maiden and Dream Theater. Maiden are so underappreciated by those who don't know them it's fustrating, and Dream Theater are just musical perfection on so many levels. You could do a hell of a lot worse than try them out if you don't already know them. Intelligent music for the discerning fan, a world away from fads or trends or any other b*llshit, just down to earth brilliance.

15. K

K 528491

Even as a certified muzak SNOB I'd have to agree with the above comments about Maiden. Those 'in the know' all love Maiden because they bloody rock.

Dream Theater are absolutely god-awful though. Pretentious, bloated, fret-******y drivel. Horses for courses though :D

16. karolis

karolis Code Monkey

How about Pantera? Damageplan as well. It's a bit more screaming, but still melodic. And riffs are to die for.

17. zerolock

zerolock What's a Dremel?

Whoops :blush: To my defense I can say that she doesn't sound no where near like a woman. Try out a few songs and see what I mean. And I did read it, just forgot about it.

Last edited: 27 Mar 2008
  18. mr00Awesome

mr00Awesome YEAH SWEET LEMONADE

The Sleeping...verrrry good, A Day to Remember...just as good, but a little harder

19. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

20. BigPoppaJNutZ

BigPoppaJNutZ Beyond the Dremel...

White Stripes
    A Perfect Circle (also Tool)

And for something completely different, DJ Shadow - In Tune And On Time...

Tags: