1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Best in ear 'phones for £50ish?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lamboman, 26 Mar 2008.

1. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Hey guys,

I have been recently looking at the Sennheiser CX95s, they seem to be the IEMs of choice for this price, beating out most of the competition under £100. Has anyone had the joy of hearing these, or does anyone have any recommendations of IEMs for the price? I would like a balanced, versatile sound, with clear highs, punchy mids, and deep bass. I mainly listen to hip-hop, and dance, but do sometimes listen to others, so it needs to be a versatile piece of kit.

Thanks!

2. Rege

Rege What's a Dremel?

Etymotic ER-6i iIsolator

They look "ordinary", but it is not about the looks, is it? :)

Cheers

3. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

4. lamboman

5. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

6. neonplanet40

neonplanet40 Minimodder

Ahh my bad sorry. Currenty looking into same thing as u so will keep eye out in this thread :)

7. eeevan

eeevan Dremel Master

Instead of the E2C's, I would opt for a pair of SE210's. Slightly more than £50, but I'll tell ya, they're worth their weight in gold.

8. lamboman

I did mention that I am looking at the CX95s as my first choice :D They are supposed to outdo the CX500s as well.

The SE210s seem to be outdone by all their rivals as well.

9. WARHAMSTER

WARHAMSTER What's a Dremel?

sorry!! that's the best case of of read the f-ing thread i've seen in a while!!:read: And it was by me!!:duh:

10. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

I don't know if you can get the Denon C700 for that, but if you can, you won't regret it.

Or the Etymotic ER6i either. Or the super.fi which is at your pricerange.

11. lamboman

I read about the Etymotics before. Turns out that they are probably the best choice though. Not overdoing on bass, but apparently just the right amount. I will go for those I think (Does anybody own them who can tell me their opinions on how they sound?). Still open to suggestions, thanks for the help so far.

12. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

13. lamboman

The ER6i is specially designed for portables. The ER6 is probably a tiny bit more flexible if you are using a headphone amp and/or a soundcard, though I doubt you will notice the difference.

Read more reviews, the SE210s seem to be more expensive than the ER6i but offer more bass, so it is a bit more balanced. I was clearly mistaken when it came to those.

EDIT: OK, now this is getting bloody confusing. I have been reading the articles on TrustedReviews (my personal favourite when it comes to audio) and it seems that SE210s are the best choice. But as soon as I read the review on the CX95, it seems they are the most balanced out of all of them, but listened to by a different set of ears.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2008
  14. lamboman

OK, this is getting worse. Everybody, where ever I read, recommends the Etymotics. Now the SE210s seem to be the ones people DON'T go for. I will probably get the Etymotics and be happy. After all, everyone has said that the bass isn't really lacking, it just isn't overdone like it is with most other headphones.

15. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Let us know how you find them!
    I would be interested to hear how "in ear" they are. It is hard to tell from pictures and there is a big difference between ones that try to fill the outer bit of your ear and those who actually go right in, the latter being much better imo