1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: "G5 Retaliation" March 19th. Alive and kicking! Happy days!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Angel OD, 18 Sep 2007.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You must have access to an outrageous sand blaster if it's bending stuff. Mine involves a fence, goggles, and a lot of sand in my hair. (ears, navel, other places...)

The whole thing about the schizoprenic guy who was running a scam is in here somewhere. It's a pretty interesting thread.

Edit: found it-here

Last edited: 14 Mar 2008
  2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I wish I had hair:sigh:
    John

3. Cheapskate

:hehe: The top of my head is the only healthy part of my body. (d*mn, that's a loaded statement:eyebrow:...)

4. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

:hehe: Bwhwhahahaa, that's funny guys. I've actually been thinking of snagging a sandblaster. I'm tired of sandpapering or mousing stuff. LOL.

5. jhanlon303

Mousing stuff? Is that another hair reference?:waah:
    John

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

LOL. Nah, man. Mouse sanders! *note to self: don't mention hair around John*

7. jhanlon303

I have hair - I just keep it differently than some. I have a full beard and mustache that covers my mouth. Think of the Jolly Fat Man in the red suit and subtract a couple 100 pounds. Yes, I get the "Santa" from tiny humans in the grocery store carts. I always wear a hat.

Hair is overrated but it's nasty to fit a respirator over a full beard too.
    John the anorexic Santa

8. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

9. Zero_G

Zero_G Moddaaaaaaaa

Been lurking on this thread for ages now.........but I have to say I like what u r doing here.

* just wish I could find a G5 to mod where I am from :waah: *

10. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Finally! I got some work done! :)

I got around to make the holes in the front, and solder the led's and temp- gauge! :)
    I also gave it a good clean with some of my stuff for the car! :)
    Just a couple of pics:

The Front:

[​IMG]

The cutout:

[​IMG]

The temp and led-thingys mounted. The blue is power, since the normal power led is on the front, and the whole frikkin thing is standing with side facing out. The red is the hdd led... And I didn't have anything running on my pc at the time I took the pics, so it took a couple of trys! :lol:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

That's it for now, more to come, when I get the window in, and the rest of the lighting sorted! :)

11. Cheapskate

Looks good.:D Catching a HD light is tricky. I turned the virus scanner on when I got shots of mine, and it still took about 15 trys. (d*mn blinking...)

12. Toxvaerd

Toxvaerd What's a Dremel?

He he yeah that HDD light can be difficult to catch. I usually just set my cam to capture for 3-4 seconds, and that makes the HDD light look real nice on the pic :p

But about the mod, its looking very good. Very nice work with the frame for the temp display. And not to forget the "bulgin" look a like lights. Say can you leave a window open in the machine shop one day? :D

13. Cheapskate

Right... I'm sure no one would notice me driving down the street on a forklift carrying a CNC machine, heading for the harbor.

14. Toxvaerd

Toxvaerd What's a Dremel?

Well i didnt think of that, because i just wanted to jump in, use the machines, and get out again. But with my knowledge about those machines it would probably end up with jumping in, wreck the machines, pick up the parts of my body that is no longer atatched to me, and get out :D

15. Co2

Co2 CadUser

I work at a "machine shop" too bad they don't have a cnc but oh well, not going to make many crates with 'em aye? :)
    www.listenielsen.dk is where i work at

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

Nice, Angel! I can't wait to see this build done. :thumb:

17. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

The front and frame came out really nice.

18. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Thanks all! :)
    Truly an honour to have all of you following this build!

But this one is mostly for CheapSkate... (If memory serves *LOL*)
    The hose from the NB to the Rad was just lying around and looking alone, and non-taken care of... Poor little thing!
    Soooo, I ofcourse had to fabricate a thingy to hold it up, actually I made 2, like for the hose from pump to CPU, but there was only room for the one. Here goes, and I'm very sorry about the picture quality.
    But I'm bringing the rig to work someday within the next month, when I get the front-plexi made, and I'm gonna get our photographer to do some good shots. They will ofcourse be uploadet here! :)

The newest pic, with the hoses neatly set up:

[​IMG]

That's it for now, gotta get on with my car-pc... Springs-a-comming, and I can't wait to get it mounted! :)

19. Cheapskate

Thank you.:D You are a kind modder who knows how to cater to his fans.

20. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

I know M8.. I'm too kind, and I aim to serve.. :lol:
    But jokes aside, you guys are truly the reason that I took it/am taking it, the whole 9 yards! Feel free to get the bling in the halo! ;)
    I actually found out how to W/C the SB... The waterblock I'm gonna make for the GFX will have a ... Uhmm.. thingy in a 90 degree angle which will cool it... Just gotta get the meassurements right! But this will be in a loooong time, since spring is comming... Unless I get bored with gardening, and my car.. :)
    Perhaps I can sell the design to some company, after I produce the prototype? ;)

Tags: