1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Festivals '08

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 30 Mar 2008.

1. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

Well, I've got to go out now, so I'm giving up, and am going to have to pay through the nose on ebay, because I couldn't get onto the site, because of asshats like you, Mankz, clogging up the servers with your constant refreshes because you want to make a quick buck. I'd be less irritated with that if you were short of money, but tbh you make it very ****ing clear to us on bit-tech that your family has plenty, so I don't know what you think you're playing at.

I apologise for the angry nature of this post and my previous one, but Mankz has just become the focal point for about 10 years of hatred for scalpers.

AH

2. ArtificialHero

I don't need to pass comment on that statement, as anyone with half a brain can see the flaw.

AH

3. fev

fev Industry Fallout

got my tickets for being on hold for 17 minutes on two phones... faaantastic Worcester/Oxford cohort away!

4. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

Touts deserve their head kicking in. Period. Scum of the earth. It might only be 2 but between you and the 2,000 other ******s thats 4,000 tickets gone. Thats 1 in 20 people that can't go without paying over the odds. Scum

5. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

TBH you can hate me all you want.

Chances are that next year I won't get one, I didn't manage one last year because they sold out while I was on hold.

6. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

Nice chap.

Hopefully in a few weeks they'll still be on ebay at lower rates from those who didn't sell...

7. genesisofthesith

genesisofthesith complete spanner

You can usually pick up tickets for face value without problem from scarlet mist, obviously some people will try and price gouge at first, but as it gets closer to the time will just want to sell the tickets.

8. Ninja_182

Ninja_182 Enginerd!

Graspop Cheesecake!

Best of old and new metal :D

9. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Got leeds ticket & Creamfields

10. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

My missus went to that last year, and said that, even though the line up is always good, the atmosphere there is b*llocks. So be warned.

As for Reading, I'm surprised to see the Manics not headlining the main stage, they're far bigger and better than the bloody Killers. I won't be going though. It's annoying how festivals seem to become more of the 'in thing' each year, therefore giving them pretty crap atmospheres to be in. Only a matter of time until the smaller ones become huge then inevitably crap.

However, this year I'm going to Bloodstock Open Air, and maybe Tuska in Finland (as I'm taking the missus to see Nightwish again the day before).

11. SJH

SJH Minimodder

Glade last year was amazing and I'm tempted to go there again. Just need to find some funds from somewhere.

Really want to go to Bestival as well but my cousin's getting married that weekend :(

12. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Despite people giving up because the website being slow as hell, there were still Reading Weekend Tickets available on seetickets this morning!

I bought two for my mates who said they couldnt get on the site, it was running at normal speed by 11pm last night for me.

13. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

Well I didn't manage to get Reading tickets last night either. I partially agree with Monkeyville and ArtificialHero about the ticket touting. Really low man. I've already seen a set of 2 tickets go for £580 on ebay.

I've got 2 x weekend camping tickets for T but my friends and I decided that Reading would be a better festival to go to so we are looking to swap our T tickets for Reading ones. If that fails then I'll have to stick them on eBay and hope that I get enough to cover buying Reading tickets from eBay.

Yeah, so anyone with 2 spare Reading tickets who is interested in going to T in the Park, gimmie a shout :)

14. Cabe6403

Hey man, thanks, after I read that I tried again on the site, got an error with a phone number, rang it, got through and got 2 weekend tickets :D

Cheers for the tip!

15. ArtificialHero

What number was it that you called?

AH

16. ArtificialHero

NVM, got one!

The number is 0870 264 3333 - took a few tries to get through, and obviously was on hold for a bit once I made it through, but so happy that I managed to sort it!

AH

17. Cabe6403

I called 0870 0606030

Dunno what the difference is.

18. Cabe6403

FYI: One of my friends who initially wasn't going decided, just there, that he does want to go. Phone up, got through and have just been told they are now SOLD OUT again.

Still, at least I've now got 2 tickets (me & a friend) and some of my other friends also had luck getting tickets.

19. ArtificialHero

Wow, bit of luck for us.

Interestingly, the lady told me on the phone that the tickets are non-transferable - if they enforce this surely it means that all the dickhead scalpers and touts, and (more upsettingly) everyone that buys from them are going to be out of luck? Or do they not enforce it.

AH

20. christoefar

christoefar What's a Dremel?

Didn't enforce it last year, it takes long enough to get people through the gates! haha.
    My mates paid £200 a piece last year for his tickets, got them on ebay.
    I had a spare ticket 2 years back and sold it on ebay, didn't get what I paid for it.

Tags: