1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What one of your Teachers Last had a major flip out at you or the whole class ?

Discussion in 'General' started by ThatGingerGuy, 2 Apr 2008.

1. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

She really was a cute nun that everyone loved, and played guitar as well (shades of the Singing Nun). Her classes were a lot of fun. Sister Mary Herbert was the principal and she um... was just as lovely as her name. ;P

As for being as old as one feels, the body is in poor shape, but the mind is doing fine. I've started referring to myself as a teenage 50-something. ;) After I get my bionic knees, the world better watch out!

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

3 years ago in grade 8... our teacher was always one of those "mean guys" that would yell and always push you to do your best... well... he got soo mad he threw a chair and then picked up chalk and started chucking it around the class... Then a student said something to him and he tried to beat him up... Or the time we were in the gym throwing balls at peoples heads and the teacher came in and went nuts yelling at us, kicked everyone out and sending us all to the office... Not to mention he threatened to throw balls at our heads for doing it to others...

Good times

3. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

LOL why do kids need to learn to respect the teachers if the teachers dont respect us. I mean That Ginger Guy's math teacher is a TW@T fused with a N00B pommy pufta no offence. honest :thumb: I want to shove a :dremel: up his keester

4. ThatGingerGuy

ThatGingerGuy † Bogan Red Neck †

He so is aye he has big bushy eyebrows lol like this big :naughty: and he goes :nono: now listen people you are being stupid little things lol and im like :eyebrow:WTF

5. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

Fully man. rip his eyebrows right off. then he,d look like:waah:.

6. ThatGingerGuy

ThatGingerGuy † Bogan Red Neck †

hard out lol and id be like :rock: then id decapiate his head off with my third arm he his head would be like :lol:

7. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

N00B

8. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I can see this whole 'education' concept is lost on you. Have you ever given a thought to listening to what he has to say? It's a radical concept, I know, but you may just find that you learn something in the process! Basic grammar might even be a good place to start.

-monkey

9. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

I did listen to what he said (did cause he doesn't teach me anymore). its just he was such a noob teacher, teaching the class what i learned ages ago.

10. Sparrowhawk

Sparrowhawk Wetsander

I remember a complete fraud of an art teacher (In short: everything you could hate in a teacher was present, including favoritism, selective memory, et al.) going off the rails when Tom Brokaw's "Greatest Generation" book was released. Because a few of us pointed out that the greatest generation was also the only (as of yet) generation to drop a nuke. She went ballistic -- and the only time I've seen a more deranged face was the leaked Tom Cruise video or maybe a Hillary Clinton photo.

11. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

Do you want to know why the teaching in your school is not up to scratch in science/maths/etc?
    Teachers walk once they realise just how disrespectful children are. I qualified from Oxford and there were 30 in my year going into teaching maths, after just 2 years there are maybe 10 of us still teaching and many of them are talking about leaving. Of those who left the profession more then 75% cited pupil behaviour at the top of the list. Second came long hours due to marking, lesson prep and reports (70+ per week). So if your teacher flips out it's probably because their job is killing off their life and they are trying to justify it to themselves that they are there to help the kids only to have that flung back in their faces by poorly raised adolescents.
    During busy terms I have worked 90-100 hours. Its crazy, we're trying to help but the kids aren't interested in getting a decent job, they all want to be famous.

12. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Maybe you learnt it ages ago, but the rest of the class didn't? You're just disruptive pupils, and there may be something there that you hadn't learnt before. Remember, you don't know everything.

13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Yep... I went to University to become a teacher. I realized early on it would make me utterly crazy, and that was before things had gotten as bad as they are now. A good portion of those who stick with the profession and are good at it deserve sainthood.

14. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

Hey, i am interested in getting a decent job. Ive kept my grades high in Maths, Physics, English and Music. In NZ there is a major shortage of teachers because they are extremely under payed and usually have a huge student loan to pay off. so they move to Aussie to get another job.

15. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Police harassment is probably even worse than teacher harassment. The only time I've been pulled over was by a hostile police officer who wrote me a ticket for 70mph in a 60 area. . . OK, I was going over the speed-limit though I was going the same speed as every car around me, I always drive 10 over and after 5 years of driving it was the first year I was pulled over, officer decided that my insurance that expired the next day was the same as expired insurance, failed to write my down proper address after I told him my address 3 times, tried to schedule me for a court date in 3 days when I was 700miles away from said court and was overall rude through out the entire process. I remember one night with my Dad, an officer was bored on the side and decided to spend an hour performing every last sobriety test known to man (including a breathalyzer, more than once) for no reason. A cop has pulled over my brother in law and performed a complete, full vehicle inspection, and said cop even admitted to following my brother in law onto an interstate because he knew the fines would be higher if he caught any problems. I could keep going and list even more police harassment cases involving people around me.

Does a title mean instant respect? I can only hope not. I have had a teacher at my college tell the entire class that he refused to ever give anyone a grade higher than a C because he felt that students were "too used to easy grades." I've had a teacher who was hired as nothing more than a football coach and forced to teach a class he was in no-way qualified for, and he admitted he didn't know what he was doing. I've seen multiple teachers have sexual harassment cases brought against them by multiple students in different years. This year I'm stuck with a Calc 2 teacher who loves to forget how to teach the material and say things like "lets pretend this is true" and other "I don't know what I'm talking about" lines each class.

16. Awoken

Awoken Gazing at the stars

And yet people still seem unable to make the link between the steady decline in the quality of teaching as those who are any good flee the profession and the incredible upsurge in hostility from poorly brought up children whose parents fail to set boundaries. It depresses me whenever I stop to think about it. I talk to older teachers in the profession and they are all looking forward to retirement. Not one of them would recommend that their own children go into teaching. They all tell of how it has got worse year on year over the past 30 years.

17. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

All things considered, yeah I have had some horrible teachers. I think the main problem with my schools is a skewed budget favoring the football team over everything else. The football team gets a new scoreboard and bus while the teachers complain about no pay raise at high school, the college builds a whole new stadium for the team which has not won a single game in years and pays full scholarships to about half the team. . . I seriously believe there is something wrong with that.

That said, I have had some really great teachers, personally I think about half my teachers are people I would consider great. I act respectful to all my teachers, even the idiot who swore he would never give a grade higher than a C, and it's a shame other students (*cough* football/track/other sports teams) have minimal respect. In summary, my college administration sucks. . . I say that not only from personal experience but from many members of the community and several other students I know.

18. Major

Major Guest

See, if that was a boy in year 9 slapping a woman teacher, it would of been a whole different situation (god I hate the whole blokes can't hit women thing, gets right on my tits, and it's taught to children at a young age, why the ****?)

And on the subject of the thread, only had two teachers in my education who flipped out, one I remember was in year 5, we had some ADHD kid in our class, was being a total idiot, so the teacher just went nuts for a few minutes, well played tbh. Next time was in a College class of mine, and the head for the section basically started shouting at a guy because he didn't hand the assignments in, heh.