1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Scratch Build - PeculiarMac (updated 28/4/2008)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by PTModder, 2 Apr 2008.

1. Matticus

Matticus ...

I too reported it shortly after I made my previous post.

But I dont think its one of these "he called him that" sort of cases. Obviously some serious allegations have been put forward here, so they cant kick the OP because they have no proof, nor can they really kick the posters accussing him if they are telling the truth as they could have stopped someone getting ripped off.

I assume the mods are looking into this pretty seriously. The short time I have been hanging around here its easily been the best and most friendly community I have been part of, so I hope this "bad karma" goes away soon, on the other hand its quite interesting :hehe:

2. theducks

theducks What's a Dremel?

- Open Case? - Check!
    - High voltage unshielded power supply? - Check!
    - Water? - Check!
    - Small Child? - Check!

Seriously, it looks pretty cool, but mains voltage can kill.

Be safe! You should cover the Apple Logo from the inside and secure the case (with screws, not just a latch) as soon as possible.

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nice 1st post, theducks.:D You forgot metal tools.
    It's the limited-edition 220V version of 'Operation,' where YOUR nose lights up!

4. PT_McGuy

PT_McGuy What's a Dremel?

Don't expect him to come here and defend him self.

Coward :thumb:

5. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

I'd love to see all you accusers go away. Really, I would. I was interested in this project and wanted to see it completed, and now I doubt I ever will. If you had a problem with a member, you should have dealt with it quietly, behind the scenes, by emailing a moderator. A public confrontation was not necessary, and would only have been warranted if the thread had been in the For Sale and Wanted forums. Even then, once you'd pointed out the problem, you should have stopped and let the moderators deal with the issue, rather than continuing to attack the poster.

Bit-Tech is an excellent site, and I love to see new people join and share their knowledge and projects. If you're interested in doing that, I'd like to have you around. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. I'm not a moderator, and I don't wield a ban-hammer, but if I had one I would use it on you. Let me be absolutely clear: If you can only post things of this nature, I never want to see you here again. I hope I'm not alone in feeling that.

6. PTModder

PTModder What's a Dremel?

There wont be an update for this project as the motherboard died and so the dimensions of the case for it will not work on any other board.
    I have to thank all of you that made a positive reply to this project.
    Please apologize for the bad posts that some people made on this thread.
    I will come back soon with a new project since this one is completely dead.

Thanks for watching and for replying.

Sincerely,

PTModder

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

shame really, your mobo might have died because of your unshielded powers supply spewing electromagnetic noise against your mobo.

as a Portuguese i have never heard of PTModder, but i will keep an eye for him if i ever see him in another forum.

BTW i hope all of you PT guys have had a nice 25th of April.

8. hyperion

hyperion Minimodder

I don't understand. It's an asrock p4i65g, a typical atx mobo. Why wont the dimensions work on any other board?

9. crazybob

crazybob Voice of Reason

Yeah, I'm with Rustor here. These things are standardized, and if one fits they'll all fit. Especially if it was a full ATX board; then not only will all ATX boards fit, so will all Micro ATX and Mini ITX. The boards all all the same maximum size, and all have screw holes in the same places, and all have slots and rear connectors in the same places. Your case should be able to hold any board for the same reason any random ATX case doesn't have to be matched with a board but can instead hold any.

10. PTModder

I know that... but for the moment it will really be stoped.
    I had a new idea and the construction of the case wasnt going in the right way... the painting got messy, the case was starting to get off angle and there was too much noise due to the pump being atached directly to the wood making it unbearable to listen when working.

The new project will be very diferent not being made of wood but still a scratch build.
    Im already working on it and soon there will be pictures.

Thank you all for suport.

11. Matticus

Matticus ...

Well I can only hope your next mod looks as good as this one would have/could have done.

Couldnt you just get a new mobo.
    Repaint
    Remount the pump with something to stop the vibrations??

12. PTModder

It will...
    Thanks for your reply Matticus.
    About the mobo i already ordered a new one exactly equal to the one i had because its the kind of mobo i like and for socket 478 i really cant ask for better...
    The repaint job now is a bit dificult because the wood is thin and sanding all the paint would compromise the stability of the case as it was already going to
    As for the pump i tryed to put some hard foam to stop it from being in direct contact with the wood but that didnt workout very god since i was still able to listen the vibrations caused by it.

just a little teaser of what will come....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case will be build around this structure but i havent decided yet exactly what to build....i guess it will be a "improvised work" and the ideas will flow as i build it.... just like above.:hehe:
    What you see above is just a mokup... nothing really final.....

Last edited: 28 Apr 2008