1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Temporary name: Bloo Balls --6-29-'11 Bloo 2.0 refit COMPLETED page 47

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Cheapskate, 3 Jun 2007.

1. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Thanks, you two.
    @Mvagusta - I did countersink the holes on one side. It really doesnt matter because the holes are only 1/8". There's not really much air going through them. Now that everything is glued together it's close to impossible to modify it more.
    -anyways... I'm done! totally and for real this time.:D I have a few more pics to post and that's it. Putting the side panel back on eliminated any extra noise it may have made.:D
    @Jhanlon303 - I'm glad you liked my other works.:D The aluBox mod needed love.:D The ACRyan forums are still REALLY quiet. -And I'm IN Texas, not from it. Colorado is where the crazy came from. In CO they do crazy things, In TX they do stupid things.:hehe:

2. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

How do you spot a Colorado driver? They are the third one through the red light.
    John

3. Cheapskate

:hehe: When I was there you could spot a Texas driver by the trash exiting his window.

4. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I think it's actually because alot of people like to see this project. I know I'm like "OOHHH an update!!"

BTW, that is really one of the coolest looking fan grills.....ever. You really took the cake on that one!

5. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I think we'll leave the official diagnosis on that to Nexxo. No doubt he'll agree that people from Texas have tendencies... (I have relatives there).

By the way, Cheapskate, I heard you live on some psycho cult compound in Texas. Authorities were quoted as saying the women and children were forced to haul plexiglass, copper tubing and mod computers as soon as they were old enough. Any truth to the rumor? ;P

And as far as Colorado drivers, I resemb... er resent that remark! But at least most native Coloradans know how to drive in snow!

6. Cheapskate

Da Final Update

@Thacrudd - Thanks! I hope my Image uploader account can survive this update.
    @Scirocco - Oh, LOL! The way people drive in Houston in ANY bad weather is a riot. A tiny bit of ice turns the bridges into bumper car comedy. They have footage they show every year of some doofus backing his truck away from the concrete divider he had hit, only to fly into the divider on the opposite side 6 lanes away.:duh:

[​IMG]
    -Just for laughs, Here is my '80s era walkman I stumbled on the other day. More proof I've modded everything I ever owned, (somtimes in bad taste.:D)
    [​IMG]
    -This is that double sided tape that comes with mini blind kits. I've installed hundreds of miniblinds, but I never figured out what this stuff is in the kits for. Maybe someday I'll read the instructions.:p I needed something to stick the dvd backplate to.
    [​IMG]
    -The white spots are the protective backing on some velcro strips. I snapped the shot before mounting the plate.
    [​IMG]
    -Here I set up the back plate to glue the final part on.
    [​IMG]
    -The backplate finished and in place. Check out the plexi dust in the HD bay.:D
    [​IMG]
    -The next day I opened the case back up-HEY! What are you?!?!:eeek: BAD MONKEY!!! Get out of there!
    [​IMG]
    -Remember that stuff I was planning to make a checkerboard with? I had put it away because I didn't think I could cut it without the tile saw. I decided to give the scroll saw a try. I had had some luck earlier cutting some cast plexi that was much thicker.
    [​IMG]
    -It took me a long time to sand the faces down smooth after gluing. I had to flip each row to get the checkers, so one row was flat and one row was the uneven backside.
    [​IMG]
    -After polishing, I decided not to make a set of copper letters. That would have taken forever. I have some nice copper acrylic paint someone left me, so I used that. Unfortunately, I was having a shaky day. The nice thing about acrylic paint is you can wash it off if you screw up...and I did...a LOT.
    [​IMG]
    -I installed it with more velcro tape. If I change my mind on the placement, it comes right off.
    [​IMG]
    ------
    [​IMG]
    -We sort of had a nice day today. It was a good day to be out, but the sun never came out so I could take good pictures. This is one of the few shots that lets you see the cool purple reflections I get with this color scheme.
    [​IMG]
    -Another backlit shot. Look at all the crazy color inside.:D That's the closest this camera can get to the real colors. Yay natural light!
    [​IMG]
    -Topdown. (dur!) I had to be carefull in the yard. My neighbor has four cats. Ill let YOU figure out the problem.
    [​IMG]
    -The front. All the other shots from the front or at the same height came out blurry. The blue plexi has some kind of stealth technology.
    [​IMG]
    -See? The back from any angle comes out fine.
    [​IMG]
    -and more of the same.:D
    [​IMG]
    -Here's a tiny blurry shot of the front.
    [​IMG]
    -What the heck-leave nature in the shot.
    [​IMG]
    -I finish up with a nice closeup covered in pollen.:hehe:

:clap:Once again, I have to thank Danger Den for helping me with this project.:clap:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 18 May 2008
  7. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

We still need a "not-worthy" smiley just for this log. The amount of craftmanship you have put into this project and the sheer LOL factor reading the whole log makes me want to use that smiley..

8. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Nice photo stand - Next case to mod?:confused: So what is that green stuff in the background of the pictures? ROFL at myself - I remember it now- that's what lives under the white!

Marvelous job Cheaps excellent photos too. All well done.
    John

9. Trindee

Trindee What's a Dremel?

Truly awesome man

10. Xs1t0ry

Xs1t0ry What's a Dremel?

Nice job! That case has some strange colour scheme!

By the way, I love the HTPC "stand" the mod is sitting on in the photographs ;)

11. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Congrats on finishing it. It came out rather nice. This could have been a disaster or a masterpiece, and you managed to come out with something amazing.

12. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

It's a really weird case, but it came out awesome. Also, I think that fits your personality also :hehe:

13. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

Awesome work, & it looks very cool :rock: The name is appropriate aswell, as i got blu balls waiting for it to finish :eeek:

14. widmod

widmod Minimodder

:jawdrop: nice money shots! :jawdrop:
    is there no plexi around the pci-slots and the backplate or is it just a clear one :confused:

15. Attila

Attila still thinking....

great work cheapskate. :clap::clap::clap: Shame about that
    beautiful fan grille being hidden away on the inside though.
    Congrats on a fine case. :clap::clap::clap:

16. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

skate, you are mad :D

great project, and a nice gallery shoot too. Thanks for sharing all this with us :thumb:

It seems to me you have a rather unique problem though... the back looks even better then the front :lol:

17. Cheapskate

Thanks everyone.:D I got a lot of help and input from the BT community, (even if I ignored a lot of it.:hehe:)
    @Jhanlon303 & Xs1t0ry - It seemed appropriate. It was also the only thing sturdy enough to hold the case up. Next case?-I'm working on the 'Toad right now. That one is just TOO massive a case to toss out. It's a good scource of 2mm steel.
    @500mph - In my line of work I am often given a disaster and told to make it a masterpiece.:p I have plenty of practice at damge control.
    @mvagusta - You held on for a whole year there. You deserve a medal, (or an icepack.)
    @Widmod - I decided around the time I tested the fans that I needed as much passive airflow as I could get. The two intake fans fight each other.
    @oldnewby - It's OK. I wanted extra 'wow' factor for when I took the side off.:naughty:

18. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Damn! She's a beaut, man! Absolute beaut. I'd be proud of her. :clap:

19. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

I commented here when the project was just starting and after that I've checked on this from time to time, but now I decided that it was time to read the whole thread from the beginning.

Even though my eyes hurt now, I must say that this is one impressive piece of art! I just love the way you've innovated the tube holders and other stuff, that's the way of a true modder.

Someone commented that it's all perfect with your mod. Here I have to disagree a bit, since it isn't always perfect when you make things such as case mods. I really like your updates since you're showing what happens when you have a bad day, moddingwise. I mean the measurement flaws, dropping a nearly finished piece, you name the f**kup, I've been there too :hehe: I just don't have the energy to show all my mishaps, but believe me, there are a lot of them.

Congrats on finishing this case, hopefully we can have another mod from you asap :thumb:

Darkened

20. wbdog206

wbdog206 not me

beautiful just beautiful.