1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Tamron 17-50mm test shots

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Da Dego, 14 Apr 2008.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hey all,

My Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens arrived over the weekend, and though I'm too swamped to actually take some GOOD test shots, I thought I'd pull a Vers and monkey around in the house a bit with it. Here's the results of some "portrait" work with my dog George, who absolutely refuses to hold still. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got a bit to get used to with this lens, but overall I am very happy with it. It also seems that Tamron has fixed its AF performance with the lens, as mine didn't really have to hunt much at all even on my 350D (not known for world's best autofocus). The bokeh quality is excellent, far exceeding the other lens I got (I'll post those test shots later today), the Canon 55-250 IS.

I'll toss a full set of experiences up on my site (wire-trace.com) in the next couple days and update this thread with a link. :)

2. FragileSocks

FragileSocks What's a Dremel?

Looking forward to your thoughts on those lenses.

Really enjoying reading through your website by the way. Most enlightening.

Last edited: 14 Apr 2008
  3. Vers

Vers ...

Congratulations! Gotta love new toys...

-Matt

4. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

That's a lovely dog... and please tell us how the lens is treating what is sees.

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

My blurb about this lens. I'll update again tomorrow with a bit more in-depth on the Canon 55-250mm IS.

6. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

those look like very sharp shots to me, nice & fast lens!! your dog is beautiful, is it a golden retriever? i'm so jealous, i'd love to have one living with me!!

7. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Thanks! :) Yep, he's half golden retriever, half yellow lab. He's quite lovable, except for his penchant to dig and eat socks. :D

8. FragileSocks

FragileSocks What's a Dremel?

Tags: