1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Technology Supplies INFO...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by greenday005, 26 Sep 2002.

1. greenday005

greenday005 What's a Dremel?

Hi, people. OK, I’ve seen a few threads now of people asking about Technology Supplies. Since I’ve just received an order with them I thought I’d share and let everyone know what they’re like. I ordered 2 x 2mm clear acrylic, 1 x 3mm clear acrylic and a 1mm aluminium sheet. This all came out at £28 including P&P of £6.50. P&P of £6.50 is for upto about 15 sheets of material. This seems very reasonable to me since one of these sheets cost me about £15 at B&Q sometime ago.

This is how the stuff arrives. This pic should show how many windows you can make out of 1 sheet (~510x1015mm), use my PC-7 as a guide.
    [​IMG]
    Here’s another pic showing what I got. The acrylic sheets have a green semi clear plastic backing film.
    [​IMG]
    One word of warning about the aluminium sheets though. They arrive pretty scratched so they won’t look very good if you’re planning on using it for a custom case or something. Here’s a close up of the alu sheet.
    [​IMG]

And there you have my little review of Technology Supplies. For all those of you in doubt, I would recommend them.

2. wywywywy

wywywywy Minimodder

Thank you very much for the info.
    Actually I just emailed them yesterday asking the same questions.

Thanks.

3. Risky

Risky Modder

thanks. I've been meaning to order some clear arylic and aluminium sheet for a while now. Also cheapish on LEDs

4. linear

linear Minimodder

Good info in that post. :rock:

5. inder

inder Mr.Modtown

thx for the heads up, seems like a good company :)

i = foolio, could you leave the url for the exact page, i cant find it on their site, search dont help either

6. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

I ordered nearly an exact same order from Tech Supplies, but I got 4 blue LED's and a glue gun and some glue sticks for £6 (bargain!) as well.

I must admit their delivery takes a while (about 1 week) but their packaging is very good and the quality of their products are top notch.

**RECCOMENDED**

7. greenday005

greenday005 What's a Dremel?

That's cool. Its funny that you mention we're buying the same stuff. The staff at TS must be thinking who the hell are all these weird people making tiny orders??? When I phoned them up it kinda went like this;

TS: Are you from a manfactures?
    Me: No
    TS: From a school establishment?
    Me: Err no, I just herd about your company and wanna order some small materials for a project.
    TS: Oh?!? Ok then...

Btw, did you get any alu sheets, and if so what surface condition did they arrive in?

8. Cruelinios

Cruelinios EvE Addict

I got alu sheets, but I was a bit dissapointed to find they were slightly scratched, and there was one deep scratch on one of the sheets. Dont let this put you off buying from them as their plexi is very good and I suppose that these impurities could be polished out (i hope).

BTW - i had the same sort of convo, they were very strange

9. thepedster

thepedster What's a Dremel?

nice post :) appreciated

I am just annoyed they dont have matt black sticky back plastic, only gloss :(

but thre range of stuff is hooge :)