1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox 360 RROD Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by mikeuk2004, 26 Apr 2008.

1. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

So the 360 Rrod curse has finally caught up to me, and my Xbox 360 purchase November 2006 has suffered its fate with the 3 red rings of death after 17 months.

Now I got to fork out £20 to post it back to MS so they can give me somebody elses because they dont repair yours and send it back.

Im more annoyed because my GTA IV is arriving on Monday and now i regret buying it on the Xbox 360 and wishing I went for the PS3 version because im not going to get to play it for another 3 weeks.

So whats the deal with xbox live arcade games people???? I got 27 xbox live Arcade games and I hope im not going to loose them because thats alot of money. Is it just that I will always need to be online to play them again??? Is there a solution to this?

CHeers

2. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Eh? Since it's RROD surely the 3 year guarantee applies here. When I bought my initial 360 in Sept 06 it RROD'd within the 12 months, but then when I got it back it was around the time they announced the 3 year guarantee, so when my 2nd one RROD'd again past the 12 months they still replaced it for free. Either that or I'm remembering it wrong. I think you should give them a call and have a try anyways.

Just send the system, remove all accessories and any game that's inside. Nothing else :)

3. mikeuk2004

I went through their online service @ https://service.xbox.com/ and got a label to print out, and I got to post the 360 to them. There is no mention about getting the cost of postage back or anything :(

The repair is free and thats it.

They want to me to send it back by UPS. Does this mean they pay for them to collect it if i ask them to?

Last edited: 26 Apr 2008
  4. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

Hmm, I've never tried that way. I rang them both times, and it was the same proceedure. They just tell you to pack it up and send a label to your email which you printout and slap onto your box, and then you ring UPS and arrange a time for pickup... and then within 3 weeks it'll come back. No postage costs involved...

edit: Yeah you need to ring UPS up so they can collect it from you. Shouldn't cost a penny.

5. mikeuk2004

ah right. I wasnt sure if UPS was going to charge me. Through the online process it doesnt mention anything about postage charges or even state UPS are collecting it. Only found out about UPS when i got the e-mail.

Cheers Juppun, ill call UPS and get it done right away as I need to play GTA IV :) well until then I guess ill have to enjoy MGS online abit longer.

6. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

UPS turned up the next day for Jasons xbox (guy i live with) after he called MS (and got sent through to the US of A)
    See how it turns out.

Sam

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Just remember 360 version has exclusivity of the 2 DLC

Just buy a Core, send back the old console to MS then keep it as a spare, at least the newer one will be quieter/cooler/cheaper to run

8. Major

Major Guest

Only timed exclusivity, and the 360 doesn't have MGS4 or LittleBigPlanet coming out, shame init? :D

PS3 4tw.

9. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

im buying the ps3 solely for mgs4 and lilbigplanet, eventually.

10. mikeuk2004

im tempted to buy an arcade for the HDMI then sell the recon with the arcade bits. Will wait till the recon comes back :(

11. hobbs

hobbs What's a Dremel?

sent out my xbox last friday got it back thursday. Not bad at all, you need to give MS a little more credit. For all of the RROD's they sure do a good job of replacing them.

12. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Yup I called UPS who collected mine the next day. You don't have to pay for postage. I even got the 360 I sent out back, which seems against the norm. Apart from the delay in UPS shipping it back to me the process when well.

13. PQuiff

PQuiff What's a Dremel?

Apparently, according to my mate(whose elite xbox RROD) he just deleted his xbox arcade games from his hd, then re dled them. No need to connect to live to get them to work after that.

I would give it to MS they fixed my DVD drive in my box in under a week. Would preffer it if the xbox didnt cack up, but still least its got some good game. (wee dig at the ps3 there, not a fan of mgs or lol GT).

14. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Buy GTA4 for your PS3, sell the 360 version on eBay for probably close to retail if you're quick.

15. Hg

Hg The game known as life

Yep happened to me, its all free and u get a months free xbox live gold when it comes back

16. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

I just took mine into where i bought it. Its how i have 3 free hard drives and controllers.

17. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

oh well seeing as you cant play GTA IV,

NIKO KILLS HIS COUSIN ROMAN WHEN ROMAN BACKSTABS HIM WHEN THE DON PUTS A HIT ON NIKO AND ROMAN IS THE ONE TO DO IT AND NIKO FINDS OUT ABOUT IT AND WHEN THEY CONFRONT EACH OTHER NIKO KILLS HIM

YOU'VE BEEN SPOILED:waah::waah:

Last edited by a moderator: 9 May 2008
  18. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

I Had my original console back with a cover letter saying they had changed the motherboard and the DVD drive (which I wasn't expecting, but I'm grateful for non-the-less as it had started sticking).

19. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

If this is true, you're getting a ban.

20. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

Good thing i cant read SENTENCES LIKE THIS...

Tags: