1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress project: panther

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by pksjaveed, 28 Apr 2008.

1. pksjaveed

pksjaveed Nmodz: modding the world

Prodject parkview

Well I needed somewhere to start and turn my stock dell 3100 into something else! well a work of Art was the way to go! A little about myself .. im a 16 a total newbie at modding so far i have modded my xbox 360 and psp.. but never thought of pc but i visited this site and fell in love. So far i have bought some great tools a nice soldering station and a dremel 400 ! which was so far the best as it came with almost everything.. ok enouph about me my prodject is will be based on parkview high school colors which are blue and orange! so as soon as i can save up some cash i will be basically using 3 colors : blue, orange, and brushed metal/chrome and buy the goods
    It all starts on paper
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My first cuts so far looks like crap especially my stock insides will update as soon as i get a yob
    [​IMG]

Next its painting time anyone know any good paint styles i can do it has to be based around blue orange and chrome

Last edited: 12 Aug 2008
  2. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

i dont know about anyone else, but that statement alone has kinda put me off watching this mod, sorry

3. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

Are you perchance my long-lost cousin who happens to be related to the President's son of the city state Timbouktou, who out of sheer charity wanted to give me a few grand?

Alternatively, get a job. No money = no new stuff... welcome to life.

4. Dira

Dira What's a Dremel?

If anyone wants to give me... I want a 40+ lcd hd-rdy tv... Some ppl get sponsors for their projects. Speak with local stores or mail manifactures. Doubt you will be getting alot of stuff/cash from this. Use material you have around. There are low cost mods around on the forum. Take a look....

5. pksjaveed

i see where your goin with this !! but yea i dont have to have donations it would just help me finish my mod faster , i mean i will get all the parts with or without donations but those parts would be used to save time im not asking for like humungously large donations just things that could get me there faster then usual .. but w/e however the mod comes out i will be happy with it as it will look way better than what i had:naughty:

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

save money or get a job.

7. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

8. pksjaveed

oh m bad mods dont close i will be adding pics as soon as i am done

update
    i got some pics of 2 which are concepts which will be redone in google sketch up and the 3rd one shows my first side cuts

so far still looks stock once i get in different shapes and sizes it will look bigger and better

Last edited: 29 Apr 2008
  9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Hey, I heard we were smashing someones hopes with a dose of cruel reality in here...Am I late?:D
    As a rule, you don't want to ask for free stuff with your first post. You should save it for at least 30 more posts. That's how I became President of the United States.:D
    As far as your paintjob, You will need to do something with hard edges. If you try to do a fade with blue and orange, you get an ugly black-brown color. The colors are bold, so the areas of each color should be large, otherwise it will hurt your eyes to look at it. How about a blue case with an orange stripe across the front and top?

10. pksjaveed

Update 5/13/08 paint

[​IMG]

looks beautiful !! as soon as my airbrush comes i will add some nice tiny blue flames

[​IMG]
    interior is pretty with a glossy coat already

so far for now !! will be starting my job at the end of may and hopefully get some parts in :clap::clap::rock::read:

11. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

Go post in the For Sale forum and make a "Wanted/Donations?" thread.
    Other than that it looks decent.

12. sethnmalice

sethnmalice What's a Dremel?

case looks really bizarre...do u have any pics before u hacked into it?, you can head down to ur local acrylic dealer and ask if they have any scraps they dont need, someone might give them to you or you might pay a few $$$ to get something....or theres the local recycle yard, have u got a op-shop in ur town? they're pretty good for cheap stuff.

Like the window design, very different and very interesting.:)

13. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

Congrats on the job :thumb: Do well and you'll be getting supplies in no time. As for the case, I like the paint, and the sidepanel is.....abstract. I think this could go either way, good or bad, and I hope it goes well for you. Don't rush anything and take your time. Have a good idea of how you want it to look before you haul off and make an Oops. Good luck!

Turn you PM settings back on and shoot me a line. I was in your shoes a long time ago and we all needed help at some point.

14. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

not enough posts/been here long enough yet.

15. pksjaveed

IN georgia none of those things are available!! i bought some clear acrylic cell cast and paint from home depot, but thats bout it !!! one thing i will do i get my etchings lazer engraved since i do have a nice laser engraver

Last edited: 14 May 2008
  16. pksjaveed

forgot to put a pic of my stock case here it iz
    [​IMG]

17. Attila

Attila still thinking....

+1 :thumb:

18. pksjaveed

oh tnx for telling me bout pm i didnt know

19. DaveVader

DaveVader Fast Action Response Team

You're from the US right?! Is English (or the Americanised version of it at least) your first language?

20. pksjaveed

im guesing your asking this bacause i spelled project wrong? correct? well i was typing fast but i changed happy!! :clap: