1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Way of the Warrior - Update 5/05 - Status Update and Things to Do

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Scirocco, 14 Apr 2008.

1. JJ McTiss

JJ McTiss What's a Dremel?

really a nice work, congrats ;)

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Congratulations on OM. :D

3. Dommispanks

Dommispanks J.A.F.O.

FANTASTIC, Scirocco!!
    grats on the nomination!! and the honorable mention for the comic challenge ;)

keep up the fantastic work

Dommi

4. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

It has been a while since an update... yes, I've been slacking big time. I do, however, have news! My scroll saw and stand came in today. Need to do some clearing in the basement and assembly on the stand. Will take some pictures of it all and post here. The saw should make things much easier for cutting the false case bottom to hide wiring as well as other items. Also got in a small hack saw, acrylic scoring knife and some taps with a tap wrench. The other thing on hand is the Matrix Orbital GX Typhoon USB Tri-Color LCD. Decided I was just not happy with the small digital temperature gauge in the 5.25" bay. The GX Typhoon looks great!

Real update soonish.

5. Spaceraver

Spaceraver Ultralurker

Mademoiselle.. That looks very nice indeed..
    I'm not going to say anything about gender and tools. Heh, A girl i know is a Mechanic. Actually I think she has become Chief Mechanic at the place she works.
    Anyhoo. Some stars are in order.
    Stefan

6. Tec_

Tec_ What's a Dremel?

i am very much looking forward to seeing the finished product, also i am jealous of your tools. my SFF case should be delivered today. i have this thing for the SFF stuff because of this project and the rogue project.

7. Slatter

Slatter Mesh Addict

I love love love the theme...

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

no updates? :(

9. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

No updates :( Life has been coming at me from all directions and too much going on. Visiting family in town, daughter's baby shower, detailing the BMW for trade in before taking delivery of the new Mini Cooper later this month, setting up a new workshop in the basement for lots of fun tools (including an airbrush and compressor set up) and getting dentistry done soon (two lower wisdom teeth).

I will post pictures of the new workshop once it is put together. Here is the focus point of the work area: http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=175208-56096-WB4604&lpage=none. Take a look at how much weight that thing can hold! Plus it comes with drawers, light and power strip. This would be in addition to the scroll saw stand and another small tool bench for it. I'm putting this together for myself, but have offered to make it available to my future son-in-law to use. He's got some ideas for a little extra money making which would help with the baby on the way.

Oh, I did unpack the acrylic sheets I had ordered. Some very nice opaque white, black and red, plus some transparent non-uv red and other colors for future projects. Taking a look at those up close made me realize how much I'm missing working on this project!

Tags: