1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Bawls Guarana, a liquid cooling componet?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by skot630a, 2 May 2008.

1. skot630a

skot630a What's a Dremel?

so its been a wile bit-tech!
    anyways i was at Micro Center today in Duluth Georgia and noticed two things that were in line.
    from the back of the store my friend was holding up a "pre-picked parts" liquid system laughing at the outragious price for half-ass parts.
    as soon as he moved a litle i saw a small bottle of bawls, the new flavor (G33K B33R, AKA caffeine root beer) and i see the picture of the liquid box ahs two hoses "coming out" of the top of the box, the bottle of bawls was right on top when i thought "damn, that looks freakin sweet"
    if you DONT know what Bawls is the bottles are 10oz. (296mL) bottles that are about 7.5 inches (19cm) tall and about 2.5 inches (6cm) wide at the base. the bottles for the first 3/4 of the bottle is a cylnder with beads for grip on the side making a rather sweet looking container. they come in 3 flavors, regular (blue bottle), sugar free (clear bottle), and root beer (brown bottle like a beer bottle color).
    since i have mentioned before on these forms im a rather poor little guy, but i think a LOT!
    i was wondering if anyone has ever heard of using or thought about using a bottle as a res in a liquid system?
    i can immagian the bottle on the top or inside of the case glowing UV blue lol
    plus to top it off the caps go screw right back on and off when ya need them making it accidentaly usefull for a fill spout
    just a thought though, i just like to write my thoughts like this down and today i was thinking very nerdy thoughts
    thanks and if anyone actualy wants to try this i would love to know just pm me for my e-mail or my plethra of messangers
    later yall
    skot

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

somebody was making a bawls themed case a while ago. i don't think they ever finished it though.

3. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

I dare someone to do it. But yeah, Bawls is delicious. Specially Geek B33R.

4. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

I think it'd look great

go for it

5. skot630a

there inlies my problem. i can barly afford to put gas in my truck let alone buy the componanys and then get one working lol
    thats y i like other people who are like "extra cooling system? any ideas" and i go "BAWLS!"
    anyway like i said i cant pull it off know little about liquid and on top of that can barl afford the air to cool mine....and its free

6. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

I think the caffination/carbonation of the beverage would not go good with your pump or other parts. I know some place did a test with Flat beer, and it did rather well.
    I think if you had flat bawls, it would be good for short term use.

7. Techno-Dann

Techno-Dann Disgruntled kumquat

I thought about doing a Mountain Dew-themed mod, including a 24-ounce bottle as a reservoir. Of course, I would use neon green coolant rather than real Dew.

8. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I think this guy has OD'd on his Bawls... :sigh:

9. Squadexodus

theres also the factor of sugar in the pump. When soda evaporates/dries, It gets quite sticky. I think it would be good to test this with an aquarium pump.

10. Cinnander

Cinnander What's a Dremel?

Flat bawls: generally a no no.... jeez, ouch :S

11. lost_modder

lost_modder What's a Dremel?

guys, he's just asking if anyone has used a bawls bottle for a res. he is NOT asking if bawls can be used for coolant. skot, i havn't seen it done. i have seen one that someone put a blue ccfl in, and it glows on the desk. that was pretty cool. a res would be better ;)

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The inlet and outlet would get a little crowded running in through the cap. It would be possible to etch a hole in the side of the bottle, but it would be tricky to seal. Just a tiny bit of pressure on the edge of the hole would crack it. You could use silicone glue fairly easy. I Know it can be done. I've made a few beer bottle bongs for people. (There's nothing easier than getting a stoner to spend money on crap.:D)

13. Squadexodus

Wow, i fail at reading. I supposed i didn't hear that because it was in between measurements.

14. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You are too kind. :lol:

15. skot630a

alright thanks for the correction and yes a RES not a Bawls liquid
    as far as connection goes it is possible i believe to cut a hole in the bottom of the bottle
    the side glass is rather thick and i think would hold well if you take your time and silicone it
    btw whoever said i was hyped up.....my greatest ideas happen drunk and/or caffeinated
    LED's can easly be incorperated and used to illuminate a blue liquid taht is UV reactive AKA blue GLOWING bawls
    :duh:facepalm! i almost forgot taht the clear one (though tasting bad) would be BA with this liquid i saw that is clear usualy then glows blue when in UV
    just a though lol im drunk for this one lmao