1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming Bad Company Interview: Jamie Keen

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 11 May 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

I realise its not a huge difference here but why oh why do they stagger releases geographically?

3. zombieto

zombieto What's a Dremel?

meby fun

4. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

"It’s the 27th in Europe and the 24th in the US. Of June. On PS3 and Xbox 360."

So when will it come out for PC?

5. haakon.t

haakon.t :)

It won't.

6. random_2

random_2 What's a Dremel?

It won't.

Actually, I recall doing a little digging on this a couple of months ago. Seems to me they are going to be releasing a PC version, (Battlefield 3) but not until the fall/winter of 2008. Should be based on the same Frostbite engine used to create the box versions.
    Interviews with the head developers confirm that they are not going to forget about their PC customer base.

http://www.digitalbattle.com/2007/10/09/breaking-battlefield-3-leaked-info/

7. TurtlePerson2

TurtlePerson2 What's a Dremel?

I'd have to say that as much as I like Battlefield, this game would have to be pretty spectacular to sell a copy to me. I have a PS3, but I just don't see why I would want to play an FPS game with a gamepad when I could play it on the PC. If this game is really good then it'll get ported to PC eventually.

8. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

I agree, seems that over time the BF releases have gotten worse and worse. I had fun playing BF2 don't get me wrong but 2142 was ummm yeah awful!
    I don't think they will port it though, they have confirmed already that there is going to be a BF4 on pc. Doubt it will be this.

9. gmmail1980

gmmail1980 What's a Dremel?

I'm waitin BF3 only for hope that guys from realitymod will mod this thing. Arcade BF fun for 3-4 weeks only. ;)

10. Burnin'

Burnin' FPS gamer

The will release a new battlefield game for PC! Trust me on that one.
    We, the PC gamers, made Battlefield games what they are... a huge online success! I don't think we'll get a ported version, we'll get a brand new game with all the goodness of the Frostbite engine (destructible environments... HELL YEAH!)

11. Burnin'

Burnin' FPS gamer

Battlefield Heroes will be just a teaser for us... EA/Dice know that we're still playing BF2/2142 while we patiently wait

12. malccy72

malccy72 Minimodder

I can't believe that a money making company such as EA need to grab more money from customers with downloadable content; they are one of the richest brands around.

I know that many game companies are doing this but this is the ugly side of gaming and should be stopped as I believe it sets apart those who have and have'nt got the downloadable weapons etc and could put off buyers of games who feel to play the game on an even playing field they need to buy the game and then dish out more money for the extra content.

13. koajoe

koajoe PC Gaming master race!

I remember when some mod makers created Desert Combat form the BF1942 game. Now that was inovative! That game was so much fun to play. I even like the fact that the missiles were static (flew strait) I hate the heat seeking ******** of the BFV, BF2. I have not tried 2142 because I stopped playing aftert they released stupid SF expansion pack for BF2.

EA can eat some bollocks if they think I am gonna pay $20 for some weapon unlocks and some new maps. Those weapons ruined the ballance of the game IMO. So, in essence they (EA) have already done this premium content ****, but in the guise of an expansion pack. The worst part of it was that you could not pick up the kits of fallen people that had the expansion, (well you could but the weapons converted back to BF2 weapons).

Long live the PC Gaming Master Race!

Tags: Add Tags