1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Screw Farcry

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by boiled_elephant, 13 May 2008.

1. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

You should adopt serious sam tactics when faced with overwhelming force.

keep moving and shooting, use cover to hold up enenies, and above all, use aggression and shock to overpower weaklings so you can get in close to murder the big ones.

2. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Serious Sam! Now there's a game with a proper set of difficulties. The lowest, 'Tourist' difficulty gives you unlimited ammo and regenerating health for real noobs, and they then scale up. Normal and Hard are just where they should be and the hardest difficulty 'Serious Mode' is mental. Your weapons do half damage, the enemies have double health and do double damage and all the enemies are invisible too. And yet I've seen people complete the last level on it without dying.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

It didn't have quicksaves when it came out, you had to get to the next checkpoint for the game to save - that's one of the reasons why I found it so hard when I played it. I think they later patched it to allow quick saves (and so make the whole game much easier).

4. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

serious? o_O

I just LOVED playing serious sam 1 with those endless waves of headless *******s coming at you. First few times i died just because i laughed too hard to aim properly :D

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

sam was a crap game....but i friggin loved it! it does play more like a monstrously big deathmatch with everyone against you, and my addiction to the shotgun in it was the reason i died so much-i didn't move up to the more powerful guns.

crysis was too easy. i went through first time on hardest on the grounds that i didn't want to be listening to koreans who spoke english. then i went back on easy setting and realised it was too easy and i didn't play it through again. the suit was too overpowered too. hmmm....may try and play the game with no suit powers....that's a challenge

6. CardJoe

...and that's just on Normal difficulty.

7. alastor

alastor Minimodder

"The sort of game where you have to bind quicksave and quickload to the left and right mouse buttons to get anywhere." - Yahtzee

I blame the shirt.

8. EternalIllusion

EternalIllusion What's a Dremel?

Farcry was a good challange, but i had to stop at the last few levels. Particularly the part where you are in a small room, with the main mutated bad guy that shoots a bunch of rockets all over, becomes invisible, and has like 10 of the best guards around him, as well as that val chick, hostage, in the middle of the room. Once you replay that point like 10 times, the guards become no problem, as you memorize their exact moves, but Val kept dying from the damn rockets. **** is impossible.

9. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

that crypt level in farcry is one of the worst. the difficulty of that game just fluctuated ridiculously. i remember one of the last levels where you fought that main geeza but he had loads of shield guards in the lobby bit- i must have flattened them in less than 20 seconds with a grenade laucher, flattened the main guy in similar fashion, then in that dome place must have spent 40 minutes trying to kill them 4 rocket mutagens. the very last guy? killed him with a pistol. Wierd.

10. EternalIllusion

EternalIllusion What's a Dremel?

Thats the thing. If you ran out of ammo for the grenade launcher like I did, you'd be **** outta luck unless you wanted to back track a bunch of levels (which i didnt).

11. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

It's pretty easy fists only. Just run around, grab, strangle throw. Rinse and repeat. :)

I actually find this method harder on the "easy" setting than on "delta". :confused: I played trough Crysis the first time on hard, then on delta. After that i thought I'd try it on easy just for kicks. On hard the grab-method was awesome, and I rarely died when doing it. On easy, however, i couldn't get past the first group of aliens!

OT: Does anyone else always use weapons on single-shot mode? I find that auto is to inaccurate. Single shot, and just go for the head seems to work better.

12. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

yup, especially with incindery rounds

13. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

I don't get it... what's fun about that?

14. CardJoe

A lot. :). Get the music on, get it in co-op and get the adrenaline pumping.

15. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

I dont think your being agressive enough.

16. Xtrafresh

QFT.

Serious is not about surviving, it's about diving in, guns blazing, exploding the entire screen, see if something survived, repeat. Needless to say, i am almost chronically out of ammo in this game :naughty:

17. CardJoe

Just watched that video all the way through and realised it doesn't even cover the first stage of that arena. I love it when the mechas come out and start filling the floor with lasers - it always reminds me of Star Wars.

The bulls are the best though, when you get twenty of them chasing you and throwing you around.

18. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

run in cirlce shooting, rinse, repeat.

19. Xtrafresh

The best enemies in the game are those headless suicide guys. I can't remember if you get any waves of them in this particular arena though, but i do remember a very cool battle in the dunes, where they just kept coming over the crest from all sides. It gets even more funny when they get through.

20. CardJoe

I do love the bombers. That first scene in co-op where one man screams at you, runs over the crest of the hill. One shot kills him and Sam screams "Ha! That all you got?".

The the next thing you hear is 400 screaming men all running up the other side of the hill and you know you're shotgun won't reload that fast.

I esp. love it when you kill the last one and Sam yells "AUGHHH, youself!"

Tags: