1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Itagaki: Ninja Gaiden PS3 is 'no good'

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 22 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Hugo

Hugo Ex-TrustedReviews Staff

I, too, was unable to make it past the first boss for several months.

3. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

i finished the first on the original xbox, but it took me well over 6months. great game and story tho

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I actually quite liked NG Sigma; admittedly I've not played the original, but it was a quite fun game. First time I encountered the first boss, I got creamed, but second time around I managed to get past it. Then I didn't play it for a couple of weeks, and when I went back to it I was getting totally pounded by even the least little grunt. :hehe:

5. The Chugnut

The Chugnut What's a Dremel?

I managed to complete the original XBOX version (eventually). It's a highly over-rated game - maybe series - but I didn't bother after that.
    Shiney-shiney-huge-titty-shitty-camera-angled-cheesy-plotted-spoodge.

6. hix

hix Girls, Games and Glory

Judging from the gameplay videos of NG2 that I've seen, I dont think NG2 is significantly an evolution of the original. Hell, if you wanna talk graphics, Sigma was a first-gen PS3 game that ran at 60fps@1080p compared to NG2's 60fps@720p and the graphics ain't that big of a leap.

7. ImInTheZoneBaby

ImInTheZoneBaby Bring it on sucka!

I've played all three version of the game. Ninja Gaiden, Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden Sigma. (yeah, im an NG nut). But anyway, I thought Sigma was totally BRILLIANT. I mean, it was pretty much the EXACT same game, but with extra levels (you could play as the female character sometimes) and lovely 1080p and enhanced graphics. Actually, im playing the game RIGHT NOW. I want to complete it on the Very Hard difficulty before I switch to Ninja Gaiden 2 early next month. (im on chapter 9 out of 19 atm). Personally, I dont believe Sigma to be a faliure at all. Its fricken brilliant. o_o
    The only thing I wish Ninja Gaiden Sigma had more of is COSTUMES.

8. Vash-HT

Vash-HT What's a Dremel?

I don't know what this guy is expecting, a remake isn't going to be totally different than the original game. He sounds like a cocky ahole, "one of my subordinates tried to copy my success", what a joke. NG wasn't that great imo, and this guy has a terrible obsession with unrealistic huge breasts.

9. Bionic-Blob

Bionic-Blob What's a Dremel?

<3 ninja gaiden. took me months to finish the first one (well not really first, that was on nes/snes i believe) on xbox, and i just bought ninja gaiden black on x360 marketplace 2 days ago xD

10. sandys

sandys Multimodder

what a muppet (Itagaki) he hyped the game to the moon rubbishing other devs of similar titles to sigma in the process and now listen to him :rolleyes: It was a remake of a game.

I guess NGS2 must have really evolved, the 2 probably gives that a way, hope its more than bigger breasts and a few new combos :lol:

Last edited: 22 May 2008
  11. matrix-cat

matrix-cat What's a Dremel?

Of course there was no evolution; it was a port. It wasn't even Ninja Gaiden remade for the PS3, it was just a port with improved graphics and a couple of extras. It was never supposed to be a new game.

12. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

I stopped caring about Itakagi a while ago. Ninja Gaiden is a good game, but nothing the guy says ever makes sense. He was critical of Heavenly Sword's button timing for some scenes, yet made no mention of God of War (hello, the first level alone against the Collossus of Rhodes probably has you timing your button presses more than heavenly sword's entire play through) for such criticism. I'de swear the guy was being paid an obscene amount of money by MS for his particularly zealous stance on the PS3.

13. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

at least he is being honest...

Tags: Add Tags