1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus 0801 Bios

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Buck_Rogers25, 24 May 2008.

1. Buck_Rogers25

Buck_Rogers25 Minimodder

I've been searching high and low for the 0801 bios revision for the Asus p5n32-e SLI Plus board. I've been trying to get 4 gigs of DDR2 1066 5-5-5-15 2T working in it for the last couple of days, by some miracle I managed to get it to post and get into windows with all 4 gig and some juiced up voltage settings on the motherboard. But now it just won't post with more than 3 gig in there, no matter what I do.

I was running the 0805 bios, and also tried the latest 1003 bios, but after some digging around I've found a lot of people with exactly the same problem who have managed to get 4 gigs working in this board using the 0801 bios. Trouble is I can't find it for love nor money, the link I've found to it on the asus ftp ftp://ftp.asus.com.tw/pub/ASUS/mb/socket775/P5N32-E SLI Plus/P5N32ESLIPLUS0801.zip just doesn't work it seems, and I can't find another place to get it from other than http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDownload/Asus-PNE-SLI-PLUS-BIOS-Download-36545.html which just links directly to the same ftp. It's not even listed on the bios downloads page on the asus site.

:wallbash:

At this point I'm out of options, I'm hoping someone might have this bios version lying around on their drive, or maybe find a kind soul who is able to download it can mail it to me or something. This is pretty much my last option now, swapped around the ram sticks so many times my fingers are hurting and played around with the voltage settings so much it made my head ache last night. *sighs*

Serves me right for buying this piece of crap board really, should of bought an abit instead.

2. Kahuna513

Kahuna513 What's a Dremel?

I've got a good feeling I have it on a USB stick, I know I've flashed a Plus to 0801 in the past. With any luck it'll still be on the stick - I just need to find the stick. I'll keep you posted.
    I take it you've tried running the sticks at a lower speed? I managed 4 sticks of DDR2 800 no problem straight out the box and only flashed for more overclocking headroom for the quad.

3. Buck_Rogers25

Buck_Rogers25 Minimodder

Yep I'm running 5-5-5-15 2T with it set at 800 right now, also had to crank up the voltage here and there to get it stable, 1.45 NB and 2.1-2.2 VDDR. With three sticks it it will actually run in linked 1066 just fine, and like I said it posted with all 4 sticks at 800 and then just decided not to co-operate anymore. Going to wait until I've given the 0801 bios a try before I RMA this ram which is my last option really.

4. Kahuna513

5. Buck_Rogers25

Buck_Rogers25 Minimodder

6. Kahuna513

7. Buck_Rogers25

Buck_Rogers25 Minimodder

Thanks for that mate, got it now :). I'm gonna do it through AFUDOS since neither awdflash or the asus update util allows downgrading of the bios it seems, let you know how i get on.

8. Smegwarrior

Smegwarrior Fighting the war on smeg

I have read that to get 4 sticks to run you need to increase the NB voltage a click or 2 as the NB voltage will be pulled down slightly by 4 sticks of RAM.