1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation 3 Anyone successfully tried to remove the scratches on the ps3 cover?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Dead Ghost, 26 May 2008.

1. Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost What's a Dremel?

My PS3 got some scratches on it's cover. :( I was stupid enough to tranport it in a cardboard box with the controller inside, without putting the plastic bag over the ps3 unit. :duh: The good news is they are not deep, i can only see them in bright light only. I think it's just the clear coat that's scratched, not the paint/plastic...
    So, is it any way to get rid of the scratches? I was thinking to use some cd scratch remover, but i've only got one chance at this. So, anyone in my situation that successfully removed the scratches?

2. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

supposedly Novus scratch remover stuff works great. I've used to it to clean mine a little and it made it nice and shiny.

You can get it at www.delviesplastics.com

3. Dead Ghost

What Novus product did you use? #1, 2 or 3? How deep were the scratches on your ps3? Maybe i'l take tomorrow some pics of the scratches on my ps3 unit to show it to you and tell me if anything can be done...:(

4. lockdown

lockdown What's a Dremel?

Well, I have never tried getting a scratch on my ps3.
    I agree with talladega about using Novus scratch remover.

Last edited: 28 May 2008
  5. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

brasso is a pretty good plastic polish, as long as you don't use it regularly as the ammonia will cloud it.

i know an ex-watchmaker who used it on all the plastic-faced watches he repaired.

6. Dead Ghost

They are many plastic polishers, but the surface of the ps3 is a bit tricky, because it has a thick clear coat that gives it's glossy look...That's why i was asking specifically if someone actually tried one on the ps3.

7. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

well, i used #2 and then #1, i dont really have scratches i dont think. maybe a few small ones from wiping dust off. but ive read in many places that Novus is the stuff to use. try #2 then #1, if it dont work maybe try #3? I dunno. It makes mine look very good.