1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Car Modders Forums

Discussion in 'General' started by modgodtanvir, 27 May 2008.

1. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Here on the Bit, we like cars, but we're primarily a PC modder forum. Can any of you guys recommend a car modder forum? Somewhere where people post up project logs of their custom interior/exterior work, and possibly, stickied threads with guides to the basics?

2. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

All good car models or manufacturers have a dedicated car forum somewhere on the web.

3. modgodtanvir

I have noticed the fan forums for each type of car, but these are plagued with people's problems, in a desperate attempt for advice. Isn't there a Bit-Tech of car modding where people like to showcase their work, and share their experiences?

I tried Fast Car forums, but there are literally two project logs worth reading there...

4. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

5. dragon2309

dragon2309 techie

A bit more on the comical side of things, i often have a browse though www.barryboys.co.uk

They msotly make fun of REALLY BADLY modded cars, but there are a few proper ICE installs on there, really good stuff, have a look

Their motto is "If you can't take a joke, don't drive one"

Oh and a friend of mine hangs out at astra owners network forums, ill find a link... one sec

try this - http://www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Last edited: 27 May 2008
  6. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

I searched around for my cars forums and just troll that, www.clubxterra.org You can really find some nice stuff there, and usually there are some links to other sites if someone is looking for ideas.

7. dutchcedar

dutchcedar What's a Dremel?

If you like traditional American hot rods, chopped top customs or the '50's and '60's old skool kustoms like those of Ed Roth and his ilk, I'd highly recommend the Jalopy Journal and its Hokey Ass Message Board (H.A.M.B.). Its frequented by some of the finest hot rod and custom builders in the world and is probably the finest on-line source for real steel, old skool hot rods and customs.

Warning: they don't cotton to fiberglass and billet, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better collection of real car builders who know what they're doing and do it very, very well. Of course, it takes a while to sort out the build threads, but they're there. If you take the time, there's a great build of a '49 Chevy by "Bass" and an outrageous bubble top car by "plowboy"... two of the more talented car builders you'll find. Some other famous folks who post there are Oz from Oz Customs, Hollywood Hot Rods and Jesse James from Monster Garage. Those are just a few names, but there are many, many more. The talent over there is breathtaking, the banter is direct and in your face, the history is incredible and the love for cars is over the top.

Its been a daily read for me, because I'm about to start building a hot rod myself. Its just an awesome website and worth a look.

Jalopy Journal: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/

H.A.M.B: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

Here's a thread on the build of a great '32 Chevy coupe that I followed, and later met up with the builder and looked his car over in person: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258189

I dare anyone to join and start a thread about putting a fiberglass hood on their billet street rod. :D

8. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

hahaha dutch, that's heresy.

9. modgodtanvir

Lol. They'd tie you down and inject you with high octane fuel :p

10. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

then beat you silly with a proper hood.

11. Freedom

Freedom Minimodder

Dammet you beat me too it. 95% of all modded car look rubbish(would want to more offensive language but you know). There are some amazing mods thou.

12. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

thanks dragon, barryboys is a wonderful place, finally some place that has a complete hatred for rice burners online! weeeee WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE so fast.

13. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

There's also car domain. It doesn't have forums, but there are listings and some pseudo-logs of the modifications.

14. modgodtanvir

Kul. These links are pretty hot dudes. Barryboys made me lol.

What are the chances of a 'Transport and Travel' section on these forums? We could have all the car/cycling/holiday destination stuff there, maybe even motoring project logs of our own... I'm sure I'm not the only Top Gear-watching, speed-loving, interior modding person on here...!?!

Tags: