1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Lian Li Watercooling installed - PART 2 -

Discussion in 'Modding' started by PSDL, 11 May 2002.

1. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

now that is sweet, makes me think twice about going for PC71/Vapo :eeek:

2. BorgBob

BorgBob What's a Dremel?

Gorgeous Mod!

Were it mine, I would try to find some way to make the hose runs a little bit cleaner, the way people do with wiring, but that is a very minor nit. I do think it's an incredible pity not to have a window. As I said before, even Ferraris come with 'em for the engine compartment now. If you got it, flaunt it!

These Germans have really got it over the American water blocks where aesthetics are concerned. It is so frustrating not to be able to buy their stuff over here!

In fact, they inflamed with with lust to the point where I am enduring the incredible pain of making my own block from a Swiftech HSF covered in plexi:

[​IMG]

More details here if you care: http://www.pheatonforums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=446

I'm still not done. It would have been SO much easier to just buy the Aquacomputer stuff if it was available.

3. Syncore

Syncore What's a Dremel?

Can you tell me what LCD that is? It is the perfect size and since I have the same case I know it looks perfect in the bay.

4. GunDam

GunDam Minimodder

Most if not all 2 line Matrix Orbital LCD/VFD will fit into one single 5 3/4" drive bay.

Welcome to the boards :D

Last edited: 11 Jun 2002
  5. synctec

synctec What's a Dremel?

THats a REAL MACHINE(Samsung BLUE I). How much does your cooling KIT cost in US and PSU (exclude the case)SUPPort p4?
    whats the model of your kit? and where you get that black rubber thing from? Hope I can ship that In.
    OPS! Sorry too many Q too ask.:eeek:

Last edited: 11 Jun 2002
  6. relix

relix Minimodder

Don't you dare to complain you USA-er! What do you think we aren't able to buy because we live so far away of the promising land? Everything is cheaper in the USA, and in the USA there are many more things about PC's we don't have than we have and you don't have. Does that sentence makes any sence? Thought so ... lol :D

But, it's a fact we can't buy everything we want because of the high post and import taxes! Also it's very hard to find something here online than in the USA online

:sigh:

7. seanblee

seanblee What's a Dremel?

8. montiez

montiez What's a Dremel?

not to put a dampner on ya case mods (no pun intended) that sound deadening mat youve used is not very good value .. as a car audio installer i have used all the different types of deadening material out there. dynamat being the best, they do a lightweight, crome backed deadening matt which would do twice the job of the normal black stuff and would look great inside ppl's cases, also the black stuff is like a hot water bottle.. it holds the heat. this can be purchased from any car audio store (well good ones) :D :D :D

9. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

you mean.... Here is one I modded earlier!

[​IMG]

10. montiez

montiez What's a Dremel?

that is not dynamat :) that looks like the normal black stuff with foil on it, still holds the heat.. i used it myself on the floor of my car.. 2 layers of it.. nice value, but very gooey when hot

11. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

@ PSDL,

Your girlfriend said you need to look for a good doctor?

As a clinical psychologist I can tell you that you're perfectly sane.

But thenagain I just spent a sh*tload of money on a chrome BlackIce Xtreme radiator, an aluminium Panaflo fan and a Lian Li PC-12 case... Muhahahahaha!

12. Pug

Pug What's a Heatsink?

Just FYI.
    :worried: I feel like I'm doing a double no-no here, bumping an old thread and possibly pimping my site but seeing as no-one seems to be able to get these in the UK or the US, I have been in negotiations with Aqua-Computer and have set up a site to sell them here.
    Wizard Designs

Demand is high and I have a two-week lead time on all orders atm so please be patient as the site is still being set up properly. :)

[Edit] BTW PDSL, very nice execution. :dude:

Last edited: 1 Aug 2002
  13. Kronenbourg1664

Kronenbourg1664 Minimodder

14. PSDL

PSDL What's a Dremel?

Thanks for all the replies...

The Heat isn´t the problem... got a real big hole on top of the Tower...

The mats are specially produced for computers, they absorb the frequency range made by HDD and Fans perfectly...
    If the mats were silver... they would reflect all the thermal heat... simple physics... !!

Oh shhhh* my English is so bad... excuse !

15. Dragon

Dragon What's a Dremel?

Nice job there

16. relix

relix Minimodder

Aaaaah, lucky me :D

Nice case :D
    those hoses look awfully small tho! I bet you used their plug&cool stuff? It's only 6mm inside diameter! I'm gonna buy some of their UV-active PUR stuff to put around the PSU-wires and stuff, gonna fit great with my UV-active rounded IDE cables :D

for the WC hoses I'll buy some of their generic PVC cables with 9mm diameter tho, I like it big :D

edit: question, is that an evo 240? if so, are there holes in it to fit 2 120mm fans, or do you have to buy that faceplate to decently mount fans on them? If I look at the pics, the evo 360 has holes in it for bolts, but the 240 doesn't!

Last edited: 7 Mar 2003
  17. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

The systems looks nice and neat mate.

I like it :)

18. JPLocutus

JPLocutus What's a Dremel?

With a little help from babelfish, I went to http://shop.erfrier.net/ and one of their shipping options is the United States, although shipping is ridiculous.

Anyone know if they have an english site or if emailing them in english would be a good idea? After finally finding a site that (apparently) ships aqua-computer's stuff to the US, I hate to be stopped by a language barrier.

-JP

19. jetsetjimbo

jetsetjimbo Up-up and away

There is now a UK supplier who will I believe ship to the states.... there site is: www.wizarddesigns.co.uk.... It's run by aguy who's a member of these fourms, his ID on here is Pug. If you get in touch with him I'm sure he'll be more than happy to help you out :)