1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sad Americans...

Discussion in 'General' started by Major, 30 May 2008.

1. Major

Major Guest

2. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

It sickens me, only because I'm British so such outspoken and loud cases of patriotism bruise my British reserve. I just hate idiotic whooping.
    Also, John McCain is a complete and utter moron - who I now know doesn't know his own free speech laws.

3. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

Basically everyone at that rally is an idiot in my book - except McCain; he's a good Senator and has tried to work both sides of the aisle, but he wouldn't make a good president in my opinion.

The protesters just start to sicken me. I mean, what are they trying to gain by pulling a stunt like this? It only embarrasses everyone involved and make them look so #%&@ing immature.

4. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

I was left with an overwhelming feeling of 'meh.' The two guys didn't seem all that enthusiastic in their protest. On the plus side, I didn't hear anyone yell "Don't tase me bro!"

-monkey

5. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

wow that is harsh, sure people dont agree with him i for one dont like any of the candidates for president.
    I guess i'd choose obama.
    But that just wasnt on, to do it while hes talking is just rude.

6. Major

Major Guest

Funny though imo. :D

He is a total and utter idiot, even more idiotic than Bush.

7. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Of course, its part of a politician's job, to be a liar and a idiot.:thumb:

8. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I agree... they didn't seem to have any passion (or wherewithal) about it. Maybe it was a couple of those twits who figured they'd get 15 minutes of fame on teh interwebz. Pfft, in my protesting days we were much better prepared and strove to be clever enough in our message to really get people thinking. <sigh> Sorry to say that took place here in Denver. I personally disavow any knowledge of local idiots...

9. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

patriotism makes my brain dribble out of my ear. And protesters remind me of giggle sticks. It reminds me of this picture i saw where a old woman was standing outside hooters with a sign that says "Women are not for decoration" while two hooters waiters bring her a drink.

10. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

meh

just meh

11. digicell

digicell What's a Dremel?

hmm i did not like that either....

12. specofdust

specofdust Banned

The whole thing is the fault of the organisation of political events like this imo. 30-40 years ago, at least in the UK, when political events like this happened they weren't filled with hand selected die-hard supporters, they were filled with anyone who was interested in coming and seeing a potential leader talk about what they believed in. Heckling was common, and it wasn't unusual for a heckler to shout out and demand a question be answered or a position be clarified - and the polticians would do it. It was an opportunity for them to really show what they were made of.

Now it's all pre-written speeches and leave any deviation which might require thought or enable a screw-up to the security heavies to deal with. This is the death of politics :(

That said, those protesters were tools.

13. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I really hope this dousche doesn't get to be the next president of the world police..

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

As opposed to either of the other two douches do you mean?

Personally were I in America I'd pick McCain over the other lot. McCain seems like he'd be so busy hunting other countries and worrying about fixing the rest of the world that he might forget about domestic issues. You want a leader who doesn't bother with domestic issues so that the people who know what they're doing can get on with the job. It's when you get one who wants to "fix" everything in your country that you need to worry about.

15. ToMMo

ToMMo What's a Dremel?

That was the least emphatical protest I've ever seen in my life... one of the guys turned around as if to say please remove me. For reference in case anyone hasn't seen it, "don't tase me bro" is the best quote in years and this is how you protest http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=657_1190085332 and http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3ec_1190097717 there appears to be quite a few taser incidents at American universities, can any security guard carry them?

16. dsjonboy

dsjonboy What's a Dremel?

While the sentiment is there , it could of been conducted a little bit better. I think questions need to be asked at least then the people watching the presidential candidates can see how he responds to the question asked. I think its completly hypocritical of politicians these days to respond to anyone who shouts out and gets dragged out / taser'd etc by saying something along the lines of " well at least he lives in free country in which he is free to speak".

17. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

"How many police officers does it take to take down a student?" "five as long as they have tasers" what the F did I just see... that's just wrong.

18. Major

Major Guest

The **** can't make his own bloody mind up, how is he going to make anything better? He is just one damn puppet.

19. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

All politician's suck so there no use disagreeing as to who is the better one. :D

20. specofdust

specofdust Banned

So you're saying, you found a video that contains edits from a range of (from what I saw) 3 years of speeches and interviews, and it managed to find contradictions and opinion changes (which are afterall, allowed and encouraged). So what? You think that doesn't apply to every major western politician if you look hard enough?