1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Compatible?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Bracketology, 8 Jun 2008.

1. Bracketology

Bracketology What's a Dremel?

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

tell me what the products are and i'll tell you if they are compatible or not. but i'm not going to click 8 different newegg links.

3. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

They are all compatible. Would have been easier if you posted just the names though, and the case is kinda irrelavent to the situation but none-the-less...

4. Bracketology

OK thanks, I just copied my list, I didn't even think about the case being on there.

Ok well, thanks again, if you have any better deals from newegg, or suggestions to change, then your opinions are welcome.

5. mansueto

From what i tell your looking for a budget pc, but what do you plan to do with it? Things like this can help us help you with hardware suggestion.

6. Bracketology

Yes, its a PC for mionor gaming, photoshop, and internet surfing, around a $500 budget. I don't play many games, just was wondering if something around half-life would work with this build, or what the highest game gfx that could be [played with this build.

Thanks.

7. mansueto

you could play counterstrike source, and probably call of duty 4 on lower settings

8. 78th

78th What's a Dremel?

why not go for broke and buy one of those alienware rigs? even the low-end ones are awesome already...

9. Denis_iii

Denis_iii What's a Dremel?

alienware sux, plastic and dinky, gamers way of making up for "something" they are lacking
    If going for broke then Falcon Northwest all the way or even HP Blackbird 002!!!!

10. Cupboard

Cupboard I'm not a modder.

Personally I would choose a SATA dvd drive and a graphics card other than the 8600 but as others have said, it will all work

11. mansueto

Alienware do have nice laptops though, but since they were bought out by dell i would rather spend my money on other brands that aren't over priced. You really do end up paying for the name as you start to put better hardware into pre-build rigs from such places.