1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Foxconn revamps its look, works with AMD

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Jun 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Jack_Pepsi

Jack_Pepsi Clan BeeR Founder

Now I like that colour scheme, if only more manufacturers would release black PCB's with two tones. Such as red and black. The orange works though.

It's a shame it's so hard to recommend an AMD board/chip if someone is planning to build a new machine. Hopefully we'll see some Nehalem boards with similar colour schemes (like the G45 there). Saying that, I do like abit's new IX58 MAX however, I don't like it as much as this but fingers crossed.

3. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

The northbridge hetsink doubles as a sofa-bed?!

4. The Bodger

The Bodger What's a Dremel?

Better than that, it doubles as a heated sofa bed - ideal for those cold winter nights :p

Seriously, I love the colour scheme... I've always liked white or black base colour with orange highlights for some reason. If these new revised boards stand up to scrutiny and offer decent performance and reliability at the right price point, I might consider getting one when I build a new system.

Any idea of the release dates for the AMD board?

Last edited: 9 Jun 2008
  5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Those boards are designed beautifully with all the connectors in the right places, very nice colorimetry. Now all they need is a stunning stable performance, a low price and they got two winners.

6. The Bodger

The Bodger What's a Dremel?

Oops, went to edit my post slightly, and reposted by mistake. Admin please delete this if you can. :blush:

7. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

They look like they're starting to get things right but I wonder if they realise their swanky new logo has a swastika in the middle? :D

8. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

I'm guessing not, however, that colour scheme is absolutly gorgeous

RwD

9. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Whats wrong with a swastika? They are used in many cultures all around the globe and has been/is a Hindu symbol long long long long before the German Reich had his 5 years of power. If it would be on a red background with a white circle then it would be wrong indeed...

10. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

OMG this is awesome I am soooo glad I held off buying a 790fx board until the last minute, well this has moved up on my list over the MSI 790fx board. ^_^ Thank you Foxconn, I was hoping that this would happen. Now I just hope that they use a similar layout as the MSI 790FX board.

yup it has many meaning which most having the meaning of good fortune, its only as you stated with the red and white that gives it a more implied negative meaning, to many people now and days are to close minded and need to really study their history a bit better. ;)

11. Konias

Konias What's a Dremel?

Im realy looking forward to new AMD/ATI board. But you are mistaken. On the picture above is board for Phenom, but with Nvidia 750a chipsetem.

12. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

^^^ I thought that picture was just showing off their Digital Life series not the particular board in question but I certainly would like to see pics of the 790fx from Foxconn.

Edit: Well I came across a picture for the Foxconn 790FX with SB750 (at least I think I have).

I dont like the pci slot layout at all or the SATA locations but oh well maybe this will make some of the other motherboard manufactures to come out with an updated line.

Here is a link to the image.
    http://www.planet3dnow.de/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=329000&garpg=3

13. Konias

Konias What's a Dremel?

Thank you

Goood work

Tags: Add Tags