1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project: Rogue (NZXT Rogue SFF) It lives! Aug 13, '08

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by craigbru, 28 Feb 2008.

1. craigbru

craigbru Cramming big things in small boxes since 2006

That's a very nice setup!

Cat5 should be plenty. I doubt I'll max it out for quite a while.

Yeah, it has been a little more time consuming than I had hoped. I'm happy with what I've got done so far, so the effort has been worth it. The biggest wiring project that I have left, will be to finish the fan wiring inside the case. I've got to make a mount for the lower contacts, and connect them to the fan controller. Then I've got to shorten a few audio cables, as well as the switch wiring. That should be cake compared to what was already done. :thumb:

2. shaeffer

shaeffer Houses Are Just Big Cases Right?

lookin' good! and also... drywall is evil... drywall on the ceiling doubly so... suspended ceiling for the win! (also, super nice for hiding cables for surround sound/ethernet/etc) ;)

3. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

yeah suspended ceiling for the win!
    mmm cheesecake!

4. craigbru

Since I wired everything before I covered the walls, a suspended ceiling wasn't really needed. Not to mention I wanted all the headroom possible, and drywall looks so much better!

Oh, and one more thing to consider, since I'm doing all the work, my labor is free. I've only got to pay the materials. I can get 4x8 drywall here for $3.50 a sheet. That means it cost less than $100 to cover my entire ceiling! :thumb:

5. barry99705

barry99705 sudo rm -Rf /

Holy crap!! I was buying it for $12 a sheet!! Though that was when I lived in Alaska. Haven't had to price it down here yet. We have a hung ceiling in the basement, which made running all the wire easier.

6. craigbru

Update time baby!

I'll start off with a little basement recap. As I mentioned earlier, I needed to put an egress window in one of the bedrooms. To do that, I needed a hole... A shovel and concrete saw, got me this far...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I've got no pics with the window installed yet, but they are coming. With the window installed, we've been busy hanging a little more rock, and doing some finishing work. Since I've been neglecting progress on the Rogue while working on the basement, the fiance said she was willing to help me out. She can put screws in like a pro. I told her it wasn't bad for a girl. :D Actually, I told her I was going to put pictures of her 'screwing' on the internet...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, enough basement work, let's get on to the Rogue! Assembly, assembly, assembly... that's where we are at. I've got just a small amount of fabrication left, but I need to get some things put together first. What you are about to see, represents hours worth of work, but I'm not sure a few pictures represent that. I may be pretty good at packing things in small spaces, but there is one downside, assembly is a pain!

The second radiator has rejoined the case!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

See the wiring for the switches? Um, yeah, I need to get some 3/4" tubing through there. I knew it would be tight, but damn...

[​IMG]

Finally, the tubing is in place. Sure, it's tight, but it's still clean. Yeah!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Up next, more tubes!

7. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Now that looks like a fair amount of shoveling. LMAO @ "Actually, I told her I was going to put pictures of her 'screwing' on the internet" xD

Neat and tight, just the way I like it! ...ehm... the case that is.

8. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

:hehe: Brilliant.

...And she's hawt too! Is it just me, or does she look a bit like Madeline Kahn?

[​IMG]

And that's a compliment!

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to seeing Rogue finally assembled, and running. One-of-a-kind mod and totally cutting-edge. Love it, Craig!

9. jokkos

jokkos too busy to mod *sigh*

I can very much imagine myself how much work it is...I spent an enormous amount of time on the wiring for my case as well. But you have the added 'joy' of squeezing it all in a small space...which doubles the fun!

Now get screwing :lol:

10. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Nice work on the basement. Get that PC tubed up!!!

11. Macros_the_Black

Macros_the_Black Yup.. I'm a f-ing reptile

Wasn't gonna say anything about that, but since EEL did, I'll just hop on the wagon and agree ^_^

12. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

well craig, you know most the guys on this forum want to do the nasty to your partner, worst of it all i bet there are a few that would do the nasty to Project rogue aswell....:lol:

Get modding!

13. Farmboy UK

Farmboy UK Hungry for knowledge

Rogue looks gorgeous, unfortunately beauty takes patience! Assembly is tough in that small a space

14. craigbru

Yeah, that was quite a bit of shoveling... :D

I'm glad you like the... case? ;)

Thanks E.E.L.! You know, I think you're right, she does look a little like Madeline. I'll have to point that out to her tonight. She'll love it.

I'll definitely make some more time to work on the case tonight. I almost hate to admit it, but I've got a small local LAN I'd like to attend in a little over 2 weeks. I know I've set goals before, but I think I can actually make this one! :thumb:

Tell me about it. I sometimes question my sanity when I spend 15 minutes just trying to wedge some small screw in place, and tighten it... :duh:

Thanks man! The end is in sight!

Thanks!

I don't know if I should be flattered... or disturbed... (about the case I mean) :D

They say patience is a virtue... That may be true, but is still pretty damn hard to have it. As much as I love modding, I'm ready to enjoy it!

15. Matticus

Matticus ...

Hoorrraahh! Another update.
    Everything is looking great, the cabling and tubing is going to be very very tight, but will look incredable. Hopefully you can resist the urge to take things apart and have tinker when its done, because I can imagine that would be a right PITA.

16. Elio

Elio What's a Dremel?

WOW that looks so...tight...and way overcrowded...you didnt break any fingers trying to pass wires and tubes in there? :clap::clap:
    way to go Craig!!!amazing work, the rouge actually does get better and better!!!:thumb:
    E.E.L has already started so i'll just agree with him and say no more...;)
    thank for the basement update!
    you dug that hole?you can go on and make a little pond....:p
    nothing going to stop you!!!:dremel::thumb:

17. Oreon_237

Oreon_237 CHEA BRO!

shibal!!! seriously tight fitting, id be like WTF STFU?
    What is this window ingress thing? looks like its underground?

18. craigbru

Thanks! I'll have no choice but to resist the urge... Everything was running before I installed it in the case, so everything should still be running once the case is together. I'll know soon enough!

Thanks Elio! No broken fingers, but it was a little fun trying to get the spade connectors hooked back up to the switches...

Yeah, I dug the hole, but I don't think the basement would make a very good pond... :D Although, I'm afraid the family would love a pool!

An egress window is simply a basement window large enough to use as an exit in case of a fire. In upcoming pictures you'll see that there's actually a small ladder in the window well. You just open the window and crawl on up. So, technically, it is mostly under the ground level.

19. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

your fiance sure likes to screw.....

sorry, i had to say it.... :p

[​IMG]

i think she is saying something like: "don't you dare!"

20. craigbru

Lol. Face it, you're all a bunch of horny bastages... :D

Yeah, I don't recall exactly what I said, but it wouldn't be the first time she's said something like that... ;)

Tags: