1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

HEY! Yes im alive and still making stuff. Nothing whats you think though. I can't really say what it is that im doing. It's top secret:worried:. Ummm,... I wish I would tell you guys. This whole secret thing is killing me. I miss posting online and talking with you guys. Shouldn't be to much longer. what im doing takes time and planning. preparations have to be made. What I can tell you is that I have video and a ton of pics coming:) Especially video:) Another The Elite Modder episode:) A special one. Thats all I can tell you.

2. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

more great vids form Triballllll mmm^^ it's worth to be waited :D (am i using proper english? :D) I'm to excited! Keeep on going Tribal!

3. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

cool. You can at least hint at what's keeping you busy, right?
    Is it a commisioned build or a new product run? You gotta hype your work a bit, man!

4. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

I guess you might just be right, and no I don't know anything more than you guys do ;)

5. tribaloverkill

It's not a commissoned build. Wouldnt take on something like this until I had my other projects done first such as QHS's reservoir. No one's work is more important then anothers. What I am working on has been already hyped up:) You know what,... let me talk to acryan and find out what I can and can not tell you guys.

From now on there are going to be certain things I can post online and certain things I cant or atleast right away. We've spoken about it before but we still have to go into some detail with it.

I'll find out and let you guys know. I really want to tell you guys.

Oh and Cheapskate,... you still turn cut acrylic on your press? If so I want to send you something to try out. You remember those threaded things I made to put in the chuck to hold the work to be spun? I made a few of them. I want you to try it out.

6. tribaloverkill

Talked to ACRyan. Can't say:wallbash: "I am developing products":eyebrow: They said that I can splurge info when we are done:naughty:

:cooldude: <-- Top Secret Agent TribalOVERKILL

Last edited: 11 Jun 2008
  7. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

LOL. Eh, it's cool. And completely understandable, T. Take your time, man.

8. tribaloverkill

Not trying to take my time. I'm really pushing for completetion here. I am working with acryan on almost a daily basis to make this happen. We are hard at work here. Should be over very soon. A lot should happen once this is all completed.

9. badje

badje boni

a) I'm looking forward to what you are making now.
    b) STOP POSTING HERE!
    c) SO YOU CAN WORK MORE :p
    d) so you can show it to us.
    gogo tribal

10. Cheapskate

Heck yes, I'm still turning plexi!
    PM me about any compensation you might need, and I'll get my address to you.:D

11. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

Looks like its my turn to rise from the dead. :hehe: Top secret eh? Maybe I'll launch a spy drone from NY to check up on whats going on over there. lol

12. tribaloverkill

Hey guys! I'm still alive! LOL. sorry I havent been around much. I have been really busy. After talking with ACRyan a bit, we decided I shouldnt post everything online like I was doing before. Well,... at least right away. Theres a right time for everything:) Now,... I wasn't going to post this online but a good friend of mine needed some help. Magnus/ Wolverine of Sweden, I'm sure you all know him very well. He needed two reservoir right away because he had a problem getting a hold of these two other reservoirs. He is building this rig which is totally custom. Designing around everything so he needs everything like right now or yesterday:) So I told him that I couldnt make him customs because I dont have tim and I didnt even finish Qhs's reservoir yet. I have some prototyped reservoir parts laying around soI told him I would assemble two simple ones for him. So this is what im going to show you. As for Qhs's reservoir,... I am going to be finishing that real soon. Promise. I havent even heard from him lately?!?! Is he still alive?!?! Anyways,...

Jul-23-2008(bAR2745r)

So yea. I had redesigned some of the parts. I will be redesigning them again too. Things are changing around here and because of that the parts need to change too. Can't explain all this in great detail but I will explain what it is that im showing you. Here I am turn cutting some 3/4" acrylic down to 5/8".
    [​IMG]

I didnt spend a lot of time doing it but for the time I did spend doing it,... it came out pretty good. The surface slopes a bit towards the edge but im not worried about that because it's going to be turned down to a smaller diamter which means the slope will be cut away.
    [​IMG]

Im turn cutting the acrylic with these. Made these a bit ago. It's two pieces combined. A chuck nut which I showed you guys a while ago and a special disc. The chuck nuts you see here are new. Instead of threadin gthe chuck nut I used captive nuts. Much stronger threads and quick to make. The disc uses the captive nuts too. The purpose o fthe disc is to hold the NEW end pieces. The new end piece do not have a center hole that passes completely trhough. This is because the new reservoir do not use a ugly tarnished copper rod:) This disc will hold the end pieces by the port hole:) Or pre-port holes.
    [​IMG]

To cut these down to 5/8" I had to super glue the pieces to this tool thing I made. Worked very well.
    [​IMG]

The underside. Very clear after polishing. You can see the film stuck the the acrylic on the other side.
    [​IMG]

YES. I polised these things with some compound and a paper towel:)
    [​IMG]

All of them cut down.
    [​IMG]

Here is the new center hole. About 5/16" deep. I use this to make other cuts and it's used for the sFX.
    [​IMG]

Blurry ahhh.
    [​IMG]

My port drilling jig. Very cool.
    [​IMG]

It's very simple. You put the end piece on the cetner peg so the piece spins on it. You drill your first hole anywhere on the piece. Then you spin it to one of the holes 45 degrees from the drilling point. You then place the peg to hold it in place. In this pic I'm drilling the second hole.
    [​IMG]

The third hole,... you just keep turning it 45 degrees.
    [​IMG]

Lastly, the fourth hole.
    [​IMG]

All four holes drilled. It's quick as hell. Now I only drilled at 9/64" because this is the hole size needed to mount these to the turn cutting jig tool thing. I will drill to the right size for the ports later.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mounted to the turn cutting tool thing.
    [​IMG]

Very cool looking! This is the outer most diameter needed. The lip diameter.
    [​IMG]

I love turn cutting. so much:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

The inner diameter. This obviously goes inside the reservoir body.
    [​IMG]

Very clean cuts. I want to try and get some cleaner looking cuts. I have to play around with cutting speeds. I still have to cut the oring groove which really isnt a groove anymore:) It's more like a,... i dont know how to explain it. I dont have a pic of it either. It's more like a shoulder a the very end. It's cool as hell as to the way it works. I call it a the one-way oring groove. You put an oring on this shoulder groove thing. You then push the end piece inside the res body. Now,... with time when the contact area of the oring and body dries making it hard to get the end piece off. With the one-way oring groove the oring rolls off the end piece while still inside when you pull on it. The oring rolling off of the end piece releases it so it can be easily removed. So basically,... when you push the end piece in the oring stays on and seals it. When you pull it out the oring comes off breaking the seal and tightness making it a lot easier to get it off. Ingenious!!! LOL.
    [​IMG]

Preview.
    [​IMG]

I think at this point I scrapped the 5/8" ends and made 3/4" instead. REason being 3/4" is safer plus 3/4" acrylic sheets are more readily available. What I mean by safer is that I was really pushing it with the 5/8" by haveing everything close together.
    [​IMG]

You see the four additional holes? These will have brass insert threading for mounting them to the bodies. No more copper rods:) Now these threading holes a slighly off. The jig I made to drill these was slightly off. I have to try something else to make it more accurate. What this means is that I wont be able to drill the holes in the res bodies as fast as I drilled these. Because the holes wont line up. I have to wing it,... and as you all know,...... I HATE winging it:( But i have to do it because magnus needs these asap. He wont notice. No one will. Only me. LOL.
    [​IMG]

Brass installed and ports drill out. Just needs to be threaded.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

All done:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I decied to give him the rest of my LED plugs and some of those old brackets I made before just to top it off.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So yea. I will be soon finishing Qhs's res and I will be continuing with blackout. I cant wait! I am missing that thing! I have all the shower hoe sI need to get that wire sleeving done. so yea. Cheers!

13. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Sweet. Glad to see ya back, Tribal. Great job! You know the old saying... "A friend in need is a friend soon to have a reservoir". :lol:

14. tribaloverkill

LOL. True. I'm here and always be here:)

15. Cheapskate

Yay!!! It's good to see you back! You dropped of the edge of the Earth again. Nice design revisions. Can we expect Wolverine will be making his own spin FX?:D

16. yeknom

yeknom What's a Dremel?

Nice to see you back in action :D

17. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Nice to see you back. Stop by more often!
    John

18. JBLPL

JBLPL What's a Dremel?

Tribal, you are PRO. There is no question about it....

19. tribaloverkill

Nope he's going to for the clean and tech like look. Plus I didnt include the sFX bottom needed to make an sFX reservoir. Cheapy you have to PM me your addy man so I can send you 1 or 2 of those things I made.

To everyone else,... good to be back! Again! LOL. I would stop by more often but I dont have a pc at the studio nor a connection. Im working on getting a laptop so I can connect there.

20. tribaloverkill

I got your PM cheapy.