1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos First few pictures

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Whelan_999, 10 Jun 2008.

1. Whelan_999

Whelan_999 What's a Dremel?

Hey
    After all winter having my XTi thanks to the help of everyone on here I FINALLY touched them up in photoshop. Reason it has taken me so long is because photoshop is new and confusing to me, and having to jump in when there have been so many releases of the program means there is a hell of a lot to learn, I can't do the simplest of things in it and it frustrates me. www.tutvid.com is helpful and has a lot of nice tutorials you should check out if you are like me. Anyway these are a few from an hour on the snowmobile not too far from my house.

Please critique them to death, I want as much input (don't be too harsh) as possible so I can expand my knowledge about this great hobby. Thank you.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

-aaron

2. OleJ

OleJ Me!

I think you've caught some very poetic moments there. The camera is clearly being put to good use.
    I think the only critique I can come up with is I'd perhaps like a little more contrast and saturation/detail in some of the shots.

Great shots mate :thumb:

3. Whelan_999

Thanks for the comment. One question though, how do you saturate in PS? I'm not sure if that can be answered easily or if I'll just browse the web for a tutorial on it.
    Anyone else?
    -aaron

4. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

The first & last ones are cool i think, especially the last one :naughty: very nice.

To up the saturation, there's a hue/saturation option, i forget in which menu, maybe it was "image" It's under the bright/contrast option.

5. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Hue/saturation in PS: Ctrl+U / Cmd+U / Image->Adjustments->Hue/Saturation

6. NzC

NzC What's a Dremel?

I like the second image a lot, but something about the DOF bugs me just a bit. I feel like the Background could be a bit more out of focus. Right now it feels unintentional.

7. idzver

idzver What's a Dremel?

my only criticism is that the resolution on the last one is to low, it would have been straight on my desktop otherwise.
    sorry i just like the pictures (3rd one seems a little blurred though)

8. Whelan_999

I will post up a link to the high rez picture in a few days, away on a trip right now. And I understand what you are saying about the dof in the 2nd picture. Also the 3 picture with the moon and tree it seems out of focus because the moon looks out of focus to me and so does the branch, so really nothing great happening. I still like the picture and tried both manual and auto focus with no avail for that picture.
    Thanks again for the comments.
    -aaron

Tags: