1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sony making collapsable PS3 controller

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 16 Jun 2008.

1. Bursar

Bursar What's a Dremel?

Way to turn a thread about a Sony controller into a Wii graphics bashfest!

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

lol

Seriously thoujgh, where is the Dual Shock 3 controller? I thought it would have been here for MGS4 release. I guess im going to have to get one imported before I get MGS4.

3. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I know they're out here. Not sure about UK release though.

4. sjhujh

sjhujh Minimodder

Resi 4 doesn't have pre rendered background's like the previous ones - just a statement so don't start jumping down my throat, its sore already (damn cold)

As for graphics, I personally believe that the graphics and graphical power of the Wii are perfectly balanced towards to the market it is aimed at, admittedly less hardcore gamers, but not solely casual gamers. The type of games that are released on the console reflect this, not just games for 10 year olds, e.g Okami, Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes, Metroid 3, but also more party-esque games like raving rabbids & mario Kart Wii.

They might not have crysis like cutting edge graphics but each holds their own making the Wii a worthy buy for anyone that wants one... galaxy in my eyes is one of the most visually interesting and charming games i've played since Twilight Princess and Mario Sunshine Before that.

I do own a pretty well spec'd PC and have played Crysis etc. so i can see where the argument comes from that the Wii is low on graphics power and not truly next gen. But then if you enjoy the game who really cares...?

5. C0nKer

C0nKer What's a Dremel?

My bad. I didn't mean to aim at anyone, and especially not you. Believe it or not, I am much more fond of Ninty stuff, much much more than the people around me who only knows PS/PS2/PS3. Kinda sad. All the games I play, I don't get to share the experience with anyone.

I find Wind Waker to be much more charming than any other games I've played thus far. I just wish I have a Wii to play SSB Brawl on with toon Link unlocked. :lol:

Didn't GameCube have basic bumb mapping already? I'm quite sure it had already been used in Rogue Leader, along with other texture maps and even some volumetric fog. Unfortunately, no other games after that actually make any use of em, with the exception of Rebel Strike.

Seriously, the Wii could've been a winner in a different sense if it packs the same power as the PS3 or Xbox360. But I might be wrong, since the sheer popularity of the PlayStation brand name is staggering (and admittedly it gets on my nerve because hardly anyone around me knows anything else).

6. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

PS3 does.not.have.anti.aliasing.

7. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Yes it does.. It's just rubbish anti aliasing.

8. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

The wii never really hit it off for me. Admitidly, I only clocked mario galaxy on it, and it was on a 42" plasma with standard AV cables so the image was shite (especially when playing a game at 720p on 360 afterwards). Personally I found the control scheme for galaxy to be just gimicky... I mean, other than the collection of stars with the pointer, there's nothing they couldn't have done with much the same effect on a gcube controller. In the end I thought mario sunshine was more fun. Oh and I would rather play a game styled like wind waker than crysis as well, though both have their place.

In terms of the PS3 controller, it sounds interesting (especially that snippet from kotaku), however I wonder if they're splitting their market too much. Standard dual shock is fine for me.

9. Matticus

Matticus ...

Well for a start, the controller idea seems a bit silly to me. I can't imagine many PS3 games will lend themselves to this.

But my main reason to both posting, whats with this Wii has rubbish graphics BS. Yes the graphics are not great, but neither are the graphics on my phone.
    My phone, made for taking basic pics, recording basic video, calls, text, music, crappy java games.
    PS3, made for a certain type of games, many say hardcore or enthusiast games.
    Wii, made for family friendly multiplayer games that get you off your arse. If nintendo had intended to compete with the PS3 and the 360 in terms of graphics, they would have done, they would have failed...but thats not the point.
    And actually they aren't bad considering the hardware on offer, I played the transformers game and I didn't question the graphics at all. Sure I wasn't impressed, but they wern't bad enough for me to notice them. I was mainly noticing the way that I should not be playing this game, let along trying it on the wii.

10. Sebbo

Sebbo What's a Dremel?

collapsable controller, or break-apart controller (as some other sites are saying)? also, don't Nintendo have patents both on the break-apart controller and/or the nunchuku designs?
    anyway, seems mostly like the next stage in sony's "we have that too" campaign (six-axis, avatars, trophies/achievements, downloadable games from their previous consoles...)

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

try doing that with the N64.....

12. DannyDirect

DannyDirect What's a Dremel?

I have just had the best idea to date, how about just buying which ever console you like and shutting the **** up about it lol, or even better, learn how to build a half decent PC.

13. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

This is a step in the right direction for motion sensing, I found having to hold a motion sensor in both hand was really awkward and made me look like a spaz.

14. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Okay Sony, here are the facts:

1. If you have a PS3 you set it up in one place, infront of one TV.
    2. No need for fortune cookie controllers.
    3. There is no need for a collapsible controller.
    4. There is no need for a collapsible controller.
    5. There is no need for a collapsible controller.
    6. There is no need for a collapsible controller.
    7. There is no need for a collapsible controller.

15. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Perfectly put, well done :p

Tags: Add Tags