1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Impulse has launched

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Island Dog, 18 Jun 2008.

1. Island Dog

Island Dog What's a Dremel?

Today we finally see the launch of Impulse, the next generation of digital distribution platforms. Along with the Impulse release, The Political Machine 2008 was also launched. Busy day for downloads!

Link: www.impulsedriven.com

Screenshot: http://www.impulsedriven.com/images/Impulse/ss/Impulse_SS01.full.jpg

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

That has a very very nice looking gui.

Just one question though, do you work for stardock? :p I have noticed a lot of not all of your threads/posts relate to that. Not to be rude or anything I just thought it was a conincidence.

3. Island Dog

Yes I do. :)

4. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

Forgive me, I haven't had a chance to read the site in great detail.

Are you hand selecting content or are there options for small developers to pitch/apply to have their products included?
    When you say "integrated", do you mean integrated with the distributed titles, akin to Steamworks?

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

6. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I wish them luck. I have just started buying games on Steam, the last one to date being **Audiosurf last night. I think the future is bright for this kind of platform but it is hard to trust a newcomer. How can we know this one won't be closed down after a few months, taking away our games ?

I remember when Steam started back in 2003. It was one of the worst application I had ever seen. It eventually got better and at the moment it can hardly be beaten unless the competition comes up with an incredibly clever idea

7. Measter

Measter What's a Dremel?

Ghys, this is a replacement for Stardock Central, which has been going strong since 2001. As I recall, Stardock Central also replaced another program that allowed you to download the Stardock desktop software, so Stardock aren't new to digital distribution.

8. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Then you might want to inform the Impulse team, that the link to the 'Full' client download - in the lower right of the 'About' page, is returning a "Page not found" error :idea:

9. Island Dog

It's working ok for me, is there still a problem with it?

Tags: