1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News EA: New rating systems could slow releases

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 26 Jun 2008.

1. BurningFeetMan

BurningFeetMan What's a Dremel?

The further they limit the consumer, the more customers they lose. They seem to forget that customers can walk down the road to µTorrent with 2 clicks of a button...

2. Matticus

Matticus ...

That's a bit harsh. I think the first 4 words would have done it without then going onto insult people for no good reason.

If a the rating system was implemented properly I don't see any reason why there should be any (substantial) delay, and if there is then it can't be as bad as being an Australian waiting for a game release.

3. Overlord

Overlord What's a Dremel?

She can stroke my love sausage anyday!

4. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Whoa now, simmer down guys.
    Whats all this mess about the UK rating system about? I thought the UK had a similar rating system to the US. It doesn't matter how perfect the system is though... if it's not enforced stringently enough then there's really nothing that can be done to improve it.

5. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

As far as I'm concerned I don't care about ratings and I don't judge games/books/movies by their ratings too... BUT I think ratings are good for parents who try to take care of their children. We all know parents don't browse the internet to check out what this game is about or how much blood that movie contains before they allow their children to buy/watch it. They do however "read" (tbh they look at it for 5-10 seconds and judge almost immediately) the packaging in the stores and if there is a HUGE sticker/sign on it saying "DON'T TOUCH IF YOU'RE UNDER [enter age]" they kinda know if it's appropriate for their kid or not.

I'm not defending ratings systems as I think at least 33% are wrong. (UT with the exploding head on the back of the cover 16+ in Germany, Quake III 18+... :eyebrow: )
    All I'm trying to say is they can be helpful and as long as parents don't start(/try?) understanding their kids and their kids' entertainment options better we those little signs.

6. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

I don't think the BBFC should exist because it was a TORY initiative... More to the point.. It was a THATCHER initiative.

EEEWWW

Tags: Add Tags