1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows SPORE CREATURES!! post your creations here!!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by zabe, 17 Jun 2008.

1. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

The craziest thing about that feature is... there isn't any meta-data in those pictures. I don't know how they do it, but see for yourself.

2. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Here are my babies! Just drag'n'drop these into that folder.

"funkycreature"
    [​IMG]
    "flapagrabitious"
    [​IMG]
    "cuteamouthiouseatiousyouis"
    [​IMG]
    "Mouthagapitious"
    [​IMG]
    "Hugefootstompitious"
    [​IMG]

Watch out for cuteamouthiouseatiousyouis thats the meanest one....

:D

3. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

We''ll here is my for.
    [​IMG]

That .png thing is amazing. since its the same on both sides, it just reflects it and make a 3d out of it? awesome thing tho..

Last edited: 21 Jun 2008
  4. badgerz

badgerz What's a Dremel?

heh will download and give this a whirl :)

5. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well maybe it's some sort of weird hidden watermark then. All it would need is an ID number, at which point Spore just reads it from the central DB. It wouldn't be a lot - probably just twelve characters if that.

6. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

Has anyone else noticed that when the characters are animated they seam to move the same way regardless of how they are put together?

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I've noticed, that worms/slugs/snails move different from creatures with legs. but other then that its mainly the same thing.

8. Major

Major Guest

You get the difference taken away when you purchase Spore. :) So if your buying Spore, buy the SCC as it's free.

9. chrisb2e9

yeah, I should stop listening to what they promise with games that are in early development. each creature was supposed to move differently depending on where the legs were, how many legs it has, etc.

10. Major

Major Guest

Err it does, what's the problem.

Move the knee back or forward and it will move differently etc.

11. chrisb2e9

the animation is different but no matter how I design the creature, the speed and agility of it remain the same. turning speed, acceleration, top speed. and the animations that you can make it do, like a flip, are all the same.
    Maybe its because its a trial version of the creature builder and I only have access to a few parts. I'm not getting my hopes up for the rest of the game now. Actually the first thing that I thought when i loaded it up was "this reminds me of sims2"

They said that the game would figure out how the creature would walk, based on how it was, well, designed.
    but here is an extreme case of how thats not exactly what they said it would be
    [​IMG]

it walks with its body parallel to the ground. and with its arms in the air. I was under the impression that the game would take something like that, and make it walk upright. since it's not really possible to walk with your body parallel to the ground with no front support.

i'm just nitpicking here, but i'm getting tired of games like fable, black and white 2, etc where they make promises early on and then dont keep them.

Last edited: 22 Jun 2008
  12. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Erm, how would you feel if you deliberatly designed a creature like the one above, and then the game went "no, that's wrong, that can't actually happen, I'm going to stick two fingers up at you and change it to something else?" If you want to create a realistic looking creature, then create one! If you want a stupid creature that nearly defies the laws of physics, create that as well. It's not for the game to decree what is more realistic and what isn't. The last thing the game should be doing is changing your design into something it thinks is more realistic, the whole point is that you could create something totally and utterly stupid, and it'd still walk, move and interact properly whilst retaining all of its stupidness. If the game could only do 'sensible' creatures, that'd be a major, major flaw. The fact it can cope with total extremes is a testament to the developers.

13. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

i thought spore was about microbe management which evolves.

waht a joke.

14. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

They claimed that the aliens would animate correctly based on how you designed them. It does, because the game assumes that the creature has evolved to be able to live like that. If you want to see something crumple up on the floor uselessly then go play Tomb Raider.

15. chrisb2e9

I never said that the animation was not correct. I thought that they had also said that the game will look at the creature and decide how it should move. so that it would take the extreme example that I made, and try and find out how something like that would actually be able to move in the world. without its face dragging on the ground.
    After going back to some early news about the game and re-reading what they said, I see that they were only talking about the animation aspect of the creature.

16. Squadexodus

Squadexodus I got my cookie. What about you?

Didnt they call it procedural animation or somthing to that effect?
    And bandwidth, shmandwidth.

17. Major

Major Guest

You are creating creatures which do not exist and never will exist, therefore the whole physics and the real world side of things doesn't matter. Creating a creature means you are creating something which in unique, so if your creature was real, it would be able to walk and run "some how" in the real world because it has evolved for millions of years.

18. zabe

zabe Perfect in my imperfection

Completely agreed. This is some kind of a "reality simulator", in general. It will mimmick the general guidelines or reality, but will not make everything work. If a creature like that "horizontally walking body" does not abide by the laws of physics, the game will not do a new physics system for you, it'll just apply real world physics to your impossible creature, thus looking unreal. You (chrisb2e9) can't blame a company for not doing it right just because you decide to do something that's out of the posibilities of a game. The problem is that you decide to do something for which the game is not designed.

19. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Played around with this a little yesterday and found it quite amusing, I will definitely pick up Spore once it is launched.

However, I do have a question; is the size and complexity limits enhanced/removed in the full version of the SCC?

20. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

The size and complexity limits are not removed in the full version, you just get 300% more arms, legs, heads etc. to play with. I would say it's worth the cost of a fiver, it does make it easier to realise your creations.

Tags: