1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Currency

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Xen0phobiak, 26 Jun 2008.

1. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

[​IMG]

Opinions and criticisms please? :).

2. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Sharp is a winner
    Be nicer without the messy background...
    :)

3. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

Like so?
    [​IMG]

4. Whelan_999

Whelan_999 What's a Dremel?

I like the first one, almost looks like you edited out color except of the coin.

However I like the idea of the second shot more, except the the foreground there is a shadow that you should edit out or retake the picture. It runs across the whole bottom.
    -aaron

5. Xen0phobiak

Xen0phobiak SMEGHEADS!

I did :).

My ghetto lightbox still needs some refinement, however I quite like the shadows on the lower and right edges.

How about this? I tried to cut down the shadows without it looking like a solid background.
    [​IMG]

6. OleJ

OleJ Me!

2nd go at it is beautiful.
    I do like the desaturation in the very first shot though and I think it makes for a good idea but the background mess isn't adding to the whole. Either some contrasting shapes or a lot more abstract curves would have given something to it. Or perhaps some simple shape that would give it meaning like "money over power" or "money over love" or whatever that would be recognizable even though it was blurred as to make it less important.
    2nd one is more "just a coin" if you know what I mean. It's a beautiful shot but there's no story in it. It's asking the coin to tell an entire story by itself.

7. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Much better now :)

8. Gav

Gav What's a Dremel?

nice but the lack of detail on the coin kinda detracts from the feel of the image.... It looks like an old worn coin... might be worth trying with a newer one as a comparison :)

9. Whelan_999

Whelan_999 What's a Dremel?

@ Gav's response: Probably because Canada doesn't use Europe's money system (pound and what not, I know some places switch to euros) I am not used to seeing a pound and the old look is excellent, and the color is very vibrant. Good second shot.
    -aaron

10. Gav

Gav What's a Dremel?

I have just had a look at one of the coins used in the photo and tbh they aren't a very detailed pressing. The later coin with the bridge on the back has a greater level of detail....

Tags: