1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Annoying Software

Discussion in 'General' started by Toka, 7 Jul 2008.

1. Toka

Toka Minimodder

It's a little old, but I thought folks might enjoy this article :)

linky

2. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

True.....so true!

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Glad that Adobe's updater got a mention in the first slot. Talk about worthless. It randomly pops up when I'm in the middle of typing stuff, takes focus, and then one of the keys I hit when I'm still in the middle of typing tells it to do god only knows what. And delete this update failing to do anything at all? What a nice touch.

4. Silver51

Silver51 I cast flare!

I agree with Adobe updaters for CSx, but why is Vista's updater shown? Perhaps I have a soft spot for Vista, but it's updater has never bothered me once and seems to just work in the background, like these things should.

Edit: Pre-installed software. Oh sweet Kahless, how many time do we have to uninstall Norton, Google/Yahoo toolbar, Picasa et al before people get the message. We just don't need them.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2008
  5. okapi

okapi What's a zebra?

Over the course of the last couple of months, I have removed all Adobe software from my systems. Flash player is the only exception, but since it's main purpose is to spam advertisements at you and I have adblock software, it's rarely in use.

6. frizzeh

frizzeh What's a Dremel?

Yeah the adobe updater bugs me too, the vista one bugs me occasionally, even though I tell it not to, think it just likes reminding me it is there sometimes.