1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DFI Mobo C1 Error

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Joes2silly, 11 Jul 2008.

1. Joes2silly

Joes2silly What's a Dremel?

Okay, I got a new DFI Lanparty DK X48 T2RS motherboard and got everything installed but when I finnaly when to boot it up it showed the "C1" error code on the diagnostic LEDs and I found out that it was the RAM. Im trying to boot it with 2 512 MB sticks or generic DDR2 800 RAM, could these sticks not work with the motherboard? Or did I somehow fry them?

2. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

try getting it to start with only 1 stick, or if you have another pc test each stick with memtest.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

No need to start 2 threads about the same problem.

4. Joes2silly

sorry..... and I tested it with one stick, then the other... nothing. I may just get some different RAM because I don't have another PC that supports DDR2 memory :(

5. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Does it post without the ram in place? The motherboard have all the plugs plugged in?

6. Joes2silly

Can a computer even post without RAM? The computer dosen't post and I'm not quite sure the monitor is getting a signal...

7. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

8. Joes2silly

Thanks, I'm trying that as we speak :D

9. Joes2silly

Okay, I've done that "Get rid of error C1" thing once and I still got the error code. If i still get the code does that mean that I have to RMA the motherboard?

EDIT: I've done this twice and I still get the "C1" error. So it is either the board or the RAM. Tomorrow I will try to test the RAM before dealing with RMA'ing the board

Last edited: 12 Jul 2008
  10. BlueOcean

BlueOcean What's a Dremel?

your DFI Lanparty DK X48 T2RS very nice motherboard. Should not have problem. If you still have problem with the motherboard.You should call the DFI manufacturer. I hope the problem solve.

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Contact/contact_us.jsp?PAGE_TYPE=US&INDEX_TYPE=MB&SITE=US

11. Joes2silly

I'll try contacting them but I think I have to RMA the motherboard :(

12. Joes2silly

I found the problem! Its not the mobo! No RMA! W00t! Sorry.... I figured out that the RAM speed is not even compatible with the motherboard so I'm positive that I need new RAM :D (I'm happy that the motherboard is functional, not that I have to spend more money)

I have two units on newegg that I'm looking at, a 4 GB unit from G.Skill and a unit from OCZ. Which unit should I buy?

13. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

I thought all RAM was compatible with all boards. If the board doesn't support the speed, it'll automatically set it to the max it supports.

I guess it isn't possible to get to the BIOS setup if POST doesn't complete? If you are able, make sure that every setting is right (voltage, timings, FSB:Memory).

14. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

isn't it just ddr2 800mhz ram that you are trying to put in? that should work with and ddr2 board.

15. Joes2silly

Its DDR2 555/400, I don't know why I thought it was DDR 800