1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone 3G ships with yellow screen

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 14 Jul 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

I really can't see the diffenece between my 2G and my 3G...

3. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

You have two?!

Anyway, I can notice the difference i the picture maginally but only by comparing the contrast with the black fascia. Think it looks ok, and it looked ok before :p. Is this even newsworthy ?! :p I think what's important in a small screen is a high contrast and (if it doesn't use too much battery) high brightness, but maybe thats because I have crappy eyes :s (but dont need glasses, so feel for those that do - I always need to increase text size on whatever mobile device I'm using otherwise its squintyville for me).

4. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

the old one looks loads more yellow in that picture

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

It's supposed to. As the article says, the picture is comparing a 3G iPhone with the latest firmware to a 3G iPhone with the older firmware. There isn't a 2G iPhone in the picture - if there were, you'd see that it's bluer still.

6. BioSniper

BioSniper Minimodder

I have the 5a345 on mine and yes, its pretty yellow but it makes it less harsh on my eyes as I never like cold whites anyway

7. p3n

p3n What's a Dremel?

Super Monkey ball looks awesome on my good ole' iphone ... i'll be putting on the 'white' firmware if O2 ever get the 3g shortages sorted...

8. Joeymac

Joeymac What's a Dremel?

They try to calibrate it closer to D65 and people bitch. From the look of the pictures the problem is the screen isn't more uniform in it's piss colour.

9. xrob

xrob What's a Dremel?

I was talking about the firmware, purely stating that the pictures shown have a big difference.

Anyway the update is vastly improved the look, god knows why anyone would want the piss filter.

10. Timmy_the_tortoise

Timmy_the_tortoise International Man of Awesome

Super Monkey Ball?

On an iPhone?

Oh My God...

I'm converted, I used to think the iPhone was a waste of space.. but now with 3G and SMB, you can't go wrong!

11. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org What's a Dremel?

Hmm, I was expecting to see a yellow screen by the looks of the title, but from the images, no big deal.

12. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

The Yellow Peril™ was really bugging me - did a restore this morning and it's not quite back to 2G iPhone colour but it's a lot better. Only downside is the 1hr+ to do a full restore..

Timmy: unfortunately SMB is toss on the iPhone - far too difficult to control with the motion sensor. Pick up the Mario-Kart-a-like Cro-Mag Rally instead, far better for your cash.

Tags: Add Tags