1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Knights of The Old Republic MMO revealed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 18 Jul 2008.

1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

The main thing to consider here is that it's Bioware. And EA seems to be leaving them to do what they do best. I have high hopes for it. I loved the original KOTOR. Loved the second even more, due to the streamlined interface and better work. I'll love this one, I'm sure.

2. zimbloggy

zimbloggy Genius Extraordinaire

wow... another mmo! and its a star wars one! two completely original ideas!

3. BlackMage23

BlackMage23 RPG Loving Freak

I hope I can make another city like I did in SWG. I also had the best looking house in the city :D

4. giganten

giganten Artist

Yay!
    Great whit a star wars mmo.

Yeah SWG was a very good game.

5. Jojii

Jojii hardware freak

I dont understand lightsaber combat in mmo. one direct hit and your DONE FOR. a glancing blow and you lose an arm and have to get a mechanical replacement. hell if you drop the thing it would mess up a star ship (see robot chicken, prolly not cannon but close enough)

6. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

New KotOR Game: DO WANT!!!!!11one
    Subscription Fees: ...do not want.

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't think there is any more room.

8. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

This is news that many Galaxies fans (past and present) have been waiting for. SWG started with good intentions, but fast went downhill. Bioware will hopefully do this justice!

9. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

they really need to know when to stop with this Star Wars franchise.

Yes it was great waaaay back in the days but starwars has had its time in the sun and its over. Look at the countless movies made from it, the prequels, all those pointless starwars games throughout the years and now that new animation movie Clone wars which is destined to fail I think, Its getting ridiculous.

I really would like to meet the people that are spending money on these games, please let them die so hopefully we can get something new out of these companys instead of the same rehashed crap.

Iv loved star wars was even as a fan I have to say stop now please. Its totally milking the franchise beyond belief.
    Its making me really sad to see this franchise go down the pan...even though I feel its too late for it.

10. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

Hi, I've spent money on these games. Now what?

11. Bionic-Blob

Bionic-Blob What's a Dremel?

wtf?

this is KOTOR, not some shitty battlefront/rogue squadron we're talking about.

even so MMOs are usually shitty grindfest and have no emotion in comparison to real RPGs. i can't see this being any different.

12. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Considering how loved this franchise is, i'd be impressed if it ever just suddenly ended.

13. deltaworld

deltaworld What's a Dremel?

I read this in another forum months ago that they were making KOTOR into an MMO but was just a rumour so now it is true. I also heard in the same posting that the MMO will be targeted for both consoles and PC for one big MMO where console players can play simultaneously in the same realm as PC players, but according to their statement quoted above, it looks like it will be PC based only.

14. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I recall the rumour originally circulating October last year, this further confirms that the rumour is indeed true!

15. Solidus

Solidus Superhuman

Alright cool, well I guess theres all sorts out there that enjoy different games. Im just in the opinion that the franchise has been pushed too far.

If they made quality games/movies then it would be a different story but its been milked beyond belief which is why I think they will continue to spurn out whatever makes them some money as fast as possible with the least effort possible.

They had a franchise that had such a big following - you think they would pay more attention on preserving the quality of the franchise;

Take blizzard for example - World of warcraft is big now but iv followed it since its early conception and throughout its betas and release. I dont play the game now but you dont see them really milking it in the same way. Any games that have been released have been of quality and well thought out.

Its just a shame I cant really say the same for lucasArts because financially they were bigger and stronger and yet they havnt done much with that except make something good enough just for people to buy it and thats it.

I have always liked star wars but it feels its just been milked far too imho.

16. JFE

JFE I wish I had a TARDIS :P

yes KOTOR Cheesecake... oh its EA? ****, hope they don't ruin this game like they did with mass "hyped" effect

17. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

The new star wars games aren't really based on the series, they're based on the expanded universe, which is huge. KOTOR 1 and 2 were excellent games.

18. rollo

rollo Modder

console and pc mmos on same server doesnt work for several reasons

pc players always have the advantage due to custom mods been the main one. And mouse is always faster

19. Bionic-Blob

Bionic-Blob What's a Dremel?

problem being?

>:D

20. Xir

Xir Modder

Note to self...get KOTOR 1 and 2

Tags: Add Tags