1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Best in ear 'phones for £60ish?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by unrealhippie, 19 Jul 2008.

1. unrealhippie

unrealhippie What's a Dremel?

Didn't want to revive an old thread called something very similar... Question is still the same though, recommended canal earphones please!

I have some Shure E2C's which I have enjoyed the quality of, unfortunately the thick cable which have always protected me from breaking them has gone brittle where it normally curves most and cracked open! (Disappointing to be honest!), also always had a problem with 'just' my right ear, where the 'phones kept popping out of them

2. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

Etymotic ER6i
    if you can afford a bit more, the er4p is a whole lot better.

3. Naked_Dave

Naked_Dave What's a Dremel?

I'm very impressed with the JVC Marshmallows to be honest... they cost about £15 (I usually use Shure e5c for 20x the price!)

4. Elz

Elz miaow

5. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Yet another recommendation from me, Denon C-700s. Read around on all of the ones recommended though ^.

6. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

Last edited: 20 Jul 2008
  7. Thierry

Thierry What's a Dremel?

i have the Sennheiser CX 400 i`m not sure how much there are but in the shop they were £50~ i got them off ebay for about £20 [inc delivery] and to be honest i wouldnt pay more for ear phones but i would highly recommend these the bass is good and the sound is clear.

8. jawad

jawad Mr Meter

Last edited: 24 Jul 2008
  9. NickElliott

NickElliott What's a Dremel?

I can also recommend the Etymotic ER6i.

One thing; don't expect massive bass with these buds as that's not what they are about. You will hear a lot more detail with the ER6i's, I prefer to use the foam eartips as they are easier to fit and more comfortable and do a better job of blocking out external noise - get replacements as they need changing after a while!