1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Apocalypse of Choice

Discussion in 'General' started by vincentnone, 16 Jul 2008.

?

What is your preferred apocalypse?

1. Zombie Outbreak

44.9%
  2. Nuclear War

9.0%
  3. Biological War

1.3%
  4. Mystical Event

10.3%
  5. Alien Invasion

14.1%
  6. Spontaneous total destruction of the planet

16.7%
  7. Cosmic Event (Supernova, Meteor, Black Hole)

12.8%
  8. Negative Evolution (Sterility)

9.0%
  9. Collapse of all governments

3.8%
  10. Religious Apocalypse

7.7%
  11. Robot Uprising

14.1%
  12. Rise of Cthulu

12.8%
  13. Global Disability (Ala Day of the Triffids)

3.8%
  14. Bindi

15.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

Secret. That's what. At the base level though it involves a secure flat on the top floor with an attic and retractable ladder, a good store of supplies and canned foods, lights and entertainment and weapons and living within walking distance of a more secure location with more supplies. And staying well briefed on various skills that might be needed.

Then there are more specific plans about how to get to and secure family members.

One day I should sit down and do an article taking my kit apart.

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Zombies, Robot Uprising, Cthulhu, Bindi

3. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I voted Zombies, Robots and Cthulu as I want to go down fighting and my military education has to come to some use :D Zombie plan used to be ready when living back home but has to be revised for Campus life.
    I think I would make my way to the closest Military base (4-5km) which is easy to secure location on an island with one bridge.

AND THEN SNIPE THOSE SUCKERS!!!

4. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let you in...

5. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I got a military passport and would get called to arms anyway I would guess. I am part of what we call the Reserve after my time in the marines. Army duty in Finland is different to that in the UK.

6. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

zombeh apocalypse! then we can go all Doom style on them and their asses before the hell knights come through and we upgrade to chain guns and rockets!

7. vincentnone

vincentnone enthusiast or fanboy?

yeah I wrote the strange comments, just what I thought would probably go through people's minds if such an event occurred
    what's bindi? (indian forehead dot thing?) thanks for adding a poll
    the way I see it, in the case of zombie's you're not going to have a universal, all fast or all slow, it'd be a mix
    and I forgot to add in Mutation to an apocalyptic type event

and some things may seem very unlikely if not utterly impossible, but wouldn't that make them the prime apocalypse? you'd never see it coming

I do think that mass suicide should have been kept, though I see why cannibalism was taken out
    and everyone is making the cthulu connection to the unfathomable right? I doubt you can fight cthulu

as for nuclear and biological, if you put up war why not accident? you could just combine them and make nuclear and biological a universal, war or accident doesn't matter it could just be the type
    I do view both accidents as a possibility with proven backgrounds, including Chernobyl, and Smallpox

I imagine you could get into a military base if you held a sign saying you're still alive and not infected, though I doubt they'll take the time to read it if you brought an army of zombies with you
    I more or less knew the zombie apocalypse was going to be choice
    this got quite a few replies pretty quick, nice

so how should I slice and dice my survival guide? thread for each major type, or just push everything into one and hope for the best?

and doesn't doom count as a religious apocalypse?

Last edited: 18 Jul 2008
  8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Rise of Cthulhu. Why settle for a lesser evil?

[​IMG]

9. vincentnone

stagnant now
    didn't see that one coming... not that quickly at least

10. vincentnone

If I could force the world into apocalypse, I think the greatest way to do it would be ... are you ready for this?
    "SOUND"

genius I know
    sudden, violent, powerful sound
    watch everyone's head's explode like the aliens in attack from mars
    like some ultra giant cosmic sound floating through space destroying everything
    ... what if it were to take the form of a music genre? would you rather be killed by rap, rock, classic, etc...
    I'd prefer rock

why doesn't anyone else have some creative desire for their death? dying of old age sounds boring and uneventful
    I'd much rather go out with a bang

11. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

Definately Zombie, it's the only end of the world I have a plan for surviving.

12. GMan

GMan Minimodder

Zombies, as long as they're the slow type; The fast ones really creep me out.

13. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

True. Very True. I'm even working out a map/plan for controlling our town after the ZA

14. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Now why isnt there a death star option? I mean... one gigantic death ray and pop, there goes the planet. You horrible geeks, not having such an obvious option!

I'd rather have the I am legend scenario... Then whole cities are yours. hehe. :D

15. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Zombies would be fun. I could finally test my escalator/mega-stump grinder/bright lights and sounds zombie killing idea. The problem is I have a very sensitive nose, and zombies aren't too keen on hygene.

Robots could be cool. I could run around armed with an open microwave. It would be short lived given the dependability of most electronics.

I want a Jurrasic Park scenario. I want to bag a T-Rex by popping him in the knee cap. I have the firepower to stop an elephant, but an elephant apocalypse doesn't sound right.

16. Mongoose132

Mongoose132 Duckmad

Religious Apocalypse sounds the most interesting to me, can't imagine what it would be like though? Angels with flamethrowers? Zeus lobbing Thunderbolts at your cat! :lol:

17. Akava

Akava Lurking...

I've gone for the Zombie thing, because I have a plan ready :O ala Sean of the Dead style ;)

And

Cosmic Event for the pretty pretty lights :D

18. vincentnone

that would have gone under technological overevolution where we destroy ourselves with our own tech outside the explosives
    but I think that got cut out and someone lumped it with robot uprising?
    I thought 500mph was his plan on just being in a fast car, had no clue it was a real person, this changes everything

I see noone has a plan for a nuclear war/accident apoc, so that will be my first guide as it seems like the simple most useful

19. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

You're not the first.

20. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I have a nuke plan: put your head between your legs, and kiss your but good bye
    yea.