1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project Black Rain: RIP 2008

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 14 Sep 2006.

?

What to do...

Poll closed 30 Jun 2007.
  1. Finish the machine entirely:

87 vote(s)
    91.6%
  2. Finish the case mods only:

3 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Just go away:

5 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. Teyber

Teyber ******

a quick skim- i think you mean 6 months? i could be wrong here

2. KillerCroc

KillerCroc What's a Dremel?

no, you're right, I was wrong - wow, 6 months gone and new updates? i may have to go back to modding my own stuff! :p

3. GavX

GavX What's a Dremel?

cut some slack Burnout21, he said he had some major things cropping up. The case is looking good, and I look forward to seeing it finish if you get the time, shame to put allthis great work to waste

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

good news/bad news

Thinks for understanding Guys! It's been a long-tuff stretch of road for me.. Just about everything in my day to day life has been turned upside down.. But, all things pass and we must move on. I am doing just that. Things are beginning to come back in line..
    You have NO-IDEA how much I miss cutting/grinding/fitting/posting pictures.. I love this stuff!!
    Now, good news and bad..
    Da-bad.. This project is RIP.. I just am not "feeling it".. It's too-big for my new "digs" and more importantly it's just not-me... What I am saying is that my first machine (Narcissus) is much-more my style, understated and spartan.. Just-business mods, clean and simple design.. This project (sorry to say) is just over the top for me.. I guess I felt the need to "top" my last project (SoylentGreen) instead of building something I really-like..
    So, whats a boy to do..
    Start over.. and make myself happy with a simple clean design in a (much) smaller box utilizing a great-deal of the cool-parts from this project..
    Da-good..
    [​IMG]
    With the help of Hank from Performance PC's, I was able to get a great deal on one of these..:thumb:
    Perfect size and hell, its a cool box (IMHO)... Project (need a name)...
    In closing:
    I truly hope I have not let anyone down by not finishing this machine.. I started out with the best-intentions.. But, somewhere along the way I got off track and it (most-likely) took major life-changing events for me to see the error in my ways..
    At the end of the day, I think there are still some helpful mod-ideas within this PL.. So, rest-assured the pictures/ideas will remain within the log..
    BUT, I have to move on -- or should I say, move back to more simplistic-things in an attempt to "do what I do best" and make myself happy!!
    MS

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

It's a shame you scrapped this mod. I was really looking forward to seeing it finished. I understand, there are just something that need to be done. Good luck with the new project.

6. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Good luck, MS, and a brave, and correct move. To often modders get pressurized by the community, and end up modding for the community, rather than themselves - and in the process something goes missing, as you have discovered.

There is no disgrace in doing what you're doing, and I for one are looking forward to your "old" modding style :)

Good luck!! You chose an ideal candidate.

Kind regards,
    MrBean

7. modsquad

Thanks Bean..
    You know, that is just what it is "pear pressure"...
    I noticed
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=154608
    Langer has a LL copper-box-mod going.. He beat me to the punch!
    I need to get going....
    The LL PC-A60C is a great box, it almost seems a sin to hack it up.. But, I plan to....:dremel:
    Later-Guys
    MS

8. ShadowWings

ShadowWings What's a Dremel?

Modsquad, it's good to see you back on track.

Keep us informed on the status and progress of your new build, but most of all keep on :dremel:.

9. mandy_modded

mandy_modded Minimodder

hiya MS,
    sorry to hear life has delt you some bad cards, hope life is getting back on track for you.

looking forward to seeing what you do with this new case.

10. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

Hope the new case and project bring new luck and better things for you duder - looking forward to it :thumb:

11. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Hey there modsquad, really happy to see you back here.

Best of luck with the next one, I know it's going to be amazing.

See ya around.

Darkened

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Its sad to see this mod end Modsquad, however, I understand what you mean about 'not feeling' it.

I'd agree and say BN and SG were much more my style.

Good luck with your future projects :thumb:

13. KillerCroc

KillerCroc What's a Dremel?

While I will be sad to see the end of the Indian Larry accessorizing, I certainly understand your feelings - you HAVE to follow your muse, otherwise it all becomes WORK; or worse, a sell-out.
    Keep the faith, I look forward as always to the newer project (and the ideas I'm gonna steal from it ;p ) !!!!

14. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

i didn't mean to offened in my last post, but the log was becoming a little 'odd' and i too couldn't get my head round this mod.

it felt more a monument to indian larry than a case, maybe thats what was going on, but there were sooo many bikes bits trying to be a part of the case it started to break away from the 'clean and sleek' that we all secretly love!

i do like the copper lian li, langer has a great mod going with one now. i like the way the people of this forum sometimes use the same case but show there own style and ideas, and show what is possible.

i myself i few years ago attempted to copy BN, but put my own spin on it. however i didn't have much time to i paused the project hoping to restart it soon...

15. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

What are you doing with the "dead" case???

It's a bitter sweet day for bit-tech with the loss of this mod/happy that your starting a new one :thumb:

16. Bbq.of.DooM

Bbq.of.DooM Custom User Title

I really, really, really liked this. :(

Good luck with the new mod. Worklog + new name?

17. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Nice choice of case - A man after my own heart (I wish I got a 'great-deal', it would have made the 'attacking the case with a Dremel' decision much easier)!

What number did you get (omit the 8 at the beginning)?
    I contacted Lian-Li and they told me that only 300 were made and only about 40 made it to North America, I got #294.

Can't wait to see what you do with yours - I'm a big fan of Black Narcissus... best of luck!

Last edited: 27 Jul 2008
  18. modsquad

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the information Langer.. I had no-idea our case was "that limited".. Very-Cool :thumb:
    I have yet to do any cutting, just planning at this point in time.. I will start a PL for the box very-soon..
    Looking forward to your next update. It's a good-chance you and I will be the only dudes "hacking" this box on these forums.. That makes us soul-mates, we are tied at the hip..

19. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Welcome Back modsquad!
    ASAP I'll send you a pm, your tshirt is come back to me... :-(
    Best luck for your new project, I'm still in the decision phase like you... bu'll do a better mod than me :)

Tags: