1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's your Zombie Plan?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lunn1, 29 Jul 2008.

1. dom_

dom_ --->

Silly me, trying to be too realistic :D

2. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

So... erm, see you next doomsday eh?

3. m0o0oeh

m0o0oeh Minimodder

Ah, the Duke Nukem plan of survivalism.

I like how some people are putting a commercial spin on the impending apocalypse as well, very multi-cultural... lol

My plan involves a sturdy rope and the attic opening.

Joe

Last edited: 31 Jul 2008
  4. vincentnone

vincentnone enthusiast or fanboy?

it could just be me, but a flaming zombie army chasing you doesn't sound like the best idea, maybe a flamethrower is a bad idea?
    and I'm over prepared because it's not too far off from my nuclear apocalypse plan
    got a BTR armored transport that I already drive to work every day, enough guns and ammo for a small division of troops, a 10 year supply of food for a family of 6 inside an underground fallout shelter prepped to survive the bombs so more than likely capable of stopping zombies
    maps of safe zones color coded by the most dangerous to the most likely to be safe areas along with a list of military bases in the surrounding states
    and what I call a riot box, made out of essentially a few riot shields that completely encapsulate me excluding feet so I can move but with an emergency door for the feet in case of being knocked over, currently working on an exit strategy in such an event

a separate riot shield and protective body armor, including sleeves, gloves, a gas mask, steel plated boots shin guards, torso plating, armored helmet, etc...

better than a one man army, though I doubt zombies will happen, I'm almost sure nukes will and in the case of zombies, nukes will probably happen anyway, so I'm double prepped

almost forgot, I have my own gas powered generator, and a windmill that I can erect when I need it
    currently working on getting my hands on a steam powered generator

I'm also prepared to purify my water in the case of contamination of zombies or the more likely nuclear radiation
    a lot harder than you'd imagine

I imagine there's very few people more prepared than myself.

5. kbates666

kbates666 What's a Dremel?

I'd say your the type that lives in fear of nuclear war aren't you? You must be either crazy or obsessed to have all that crap your never going to use.

6. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

WTF! Might be better than being here as a disabled old puke! Seems the zombies might have to win in the end.
    "Do Not Hunt That Which Can Kill You."
    John

7. outlawaol

outlawaol Geeked since 1982

Okay, yea.. A flamethrower is no good. M1A Abrams tank should do the job then, and squishy malnourished zombie flesh is a tanks best friend! :D

8. Zytek_Fan

Zytek_Fan The tortoise

Excellent plan.

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I'll subscribe to CardJoe's plan. It seems very sound.

Furthermore I would take the car and try to make my way to our cabin in the mountains. There we have a large fuel-powered generator, a 2500 liter tank of gas (and a couple of other bigger ones at the farm just 10 mins away), exceptional hunting/fishing-grounds and very low population. Also some farmer apparently put up their own miniature, hydroelectric plant up there a few years ago so we'll have fuel, food and power. We'll just have to sit it out and wait for the zombie hordes to fall on themselves or eventually die from lack of nourishment.

At this point we must start thinking about re-populating the planet - or maybe we should think about that before retreating to the mountains.

*makes note to bring along un-infected women of fertile ages*

:D

10. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Run.

Best way to stay alive is to stay mobile.

11. Zytek_Fan

Zytek_Fan The tortoise

Steal a lorry? :rock:

12. liratheal

Personal favourite would actually have to be a mountain bike.

Going with the theory that you should never carry more than 30% of your own body weight, a light (Or as light as possible) mountian bike, a military issue Bergen (With proper load bearing straps etc) would be the best way to stay mobile. As many spares as feasible, and common sense should see you mobile for some years.

Push-bikes are also a hell of a lot more mobile - you have to remember that everyone is going to be trying to drive, smashing through cars that potentially have undead inside them? Sounds like a quickway to get out numbered to me :B

13. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

well your F**Ked mate, the M1 is a crap tank, drinks to much with its turbine engine, and is a pig to keep running, plus its slow! The English Challenger 2 Main Battle Tank, will smash a M1 from further away as it has a rifled barrel not smooth bore crap you yankys use, and travel across rough terrain at 40mph whilst keeping its slights trained on your yanky ass! lol!

i like the idea of staying moblie, living like a nomad, move when supplies need replacing, but ridng a push bike offers no protection at all. however a light weight chain mail to stop those zombie teeth from biting me, neck protection is a must!

14. liratheal

Yes - There is a distinct lack of protection from the undead, but the thing is, it's pretty nippy, light weight, and pretty verstile in terms of terrain. Lightweight chain mail would be a good idea, but only if you can get it and all your supplies into the 30% of your own body weight thing, otherwise you will tire incredibly quickly - Not ideal when on the run :B

Problem with explosives is you're not going to get 100% kill ratio - they can live without legs, arms, lower torso etc. Fancy getting out to check the remains? I sure don't :p

15. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

The day i come across zombies i'll do what any smart man does with brain dead people.

I'll employ them. They'll work like slaves, and all i'll have to pay them is a bone or two per day from the butcher shop.

16. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

I will construt the worlds biggest blender on wheel, with a feed hopper on the front so as i drive around zombies get pulled in and mashed!

i imagin sooner or later i would find nexxo talking to a zombie asking why he ate his friend and how he feels about doing so! lol!

'Get your deep fried zombie toes era! get them while there hot!, 5 for a pound!'

17. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

onna stick!

I'd get a chav's car, park it at a filling station and turn the music up. Once enough zombies were gathered, I'd throw a molotov cocktail at the car and run like buggery (although a rocket launcher would be preferable, I don't think the local Wooly's stock them). Repeat/rinse a few times to secure the local area. Then hunt around for weapons for the odd zombie passing through. I think a small rural town should support one or two people quite well for a while.

As long as the electricity lasts, the contention rate for broadband would be amazing. I'd be tempted to live in a house right near the exchange.

18. liratheal

I think an interesting experiment would be to find out how long power stations can go without human interaction.

Obviously the coal fired ones are going to go down pretty damned quickly, and I doubt anyone wants to try and unman a nuclear station after the whole Chernobyl incident..

19. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Fence around the house pretty quick, steal any cars i can to make a second boundary around the house, assuming zombies cant climb that should hold them off....

Yoink a few motorbikes for collecting supplies from the local bike shop. Have thought about making some flame throwing protection thing around the wall that surrounds our house ( its rasied up as much as 1.8m in places) consisting of a bunch of gas pipes around the house with electric ignitors ( think HL2, where you spin the gas lead and shoot to make the flames. ).

We have so much stored food in our house we should be safe, Failing that, its grab the caravan and keep on the move.

20. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I think that thanks to this thread I had a dream last night about zombies. it was world war 2 and the nazi's found a way to make zombies and send them against the allies.
    It wasn't a pleasant dream.