1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's your Zombie Plan?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lunn1, 29 Jul 2008.

1. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

the best thing to do would be to get one of these.
    Looks like the ultimate zombie survivor truck to me. :jawdrop:

[​IMG]

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

No zombiepatties went on sale? Shame..

3. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

dam it maybe we need to increase are advertising

4. Zytek_Fan

Zytek_Fan The tortoise

Yeah, but a Unimog can drive over everything :D

Actually, what you would want to do is get over to a ferry and escape to mainland Europe. And be prepared for more zombies...

5. Zytek_Fan

Zytek_Fan The tortoise

This'll get the job done :D

[​IMG]

6. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

What a bunch of discriminate prics :sigh:

What's with all the hatred? What did a zombie ever do to you? Give the zombie's a chance ffs, i mean just think of all the chores you could get done, you'd have a personal assistant at your beck & call, all day long, greatly improoving your effeciency. You'd get heaps of extra things done per day, and all it would cost is ~50c of bones per day from the butcher, the ones that still have bits of meat and flesh stuck on them.... and don't give me rubbish about not being able to satisfying them with pieces of animal, as if you couldn't fool someone that is braindead :eyebrow:
    You may call this exploiting them, but it's alot nicer than killing them.

7. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Top floor flat with attic, and floored... all flooring screwed rather than nailed for strength... Hatch with pre drilled holes for screwing at the ready. blankets sleeping bags, ear defenders (annoying zombies), plenty food, NOT MEAT THO THEY'LL SMELL IT. nightlights, 10,000 of them, enough food for 2 years. Solar panels on the roof giving some power :p.

8. nickhelton

nickhelton What's a Dremel?

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD!! What is that for?!

9. Mighty Yoshimi

Problem is fuel that's a massive problem with vehicals

Otherwise i'd Escape at 170mph in my Supra

10. nickhelton

Yeah, like in Resident Evil Apocalypse...they ran out of gas.
    What we really need to worry about are these...
    [​IMG]

OH MY GAWDDDD :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

11. Mighty Yoshimi

and in america :p that's especially a problem how many cars do more than 28mpg :p? ZOMBIE ESCAPE IN A PRIUS

Get to an island like the likes of the one in lost, (obv one not that hard to find)

12. nickhelton

Just randomly fly a plane to the Fiji islands. There are islands out there that man has yet to step foot on. Granted they're 1'x1' islands. lol you should be pretty remote

13. Mighty Yoshimi

Robinson Crusoe Style YES

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Dude has his S**t together. 23 plus years on an island and still sane. Great read! too bad he got rescued. No sequel! I have a copy of the book from 1897 in my collection. A nice leather bound, read( we Americans need to differentiate between read (red) and read(reed) somehow, I meant reed) once and store book. get to the Dollar store for a copy to read and pitch out.
    John

15. Lunn1

Lunn1 What's a Dremel?

there are only gonna be so many people alive still, so why not just pump the gas out of cars and into 50 gallon drums and use that?

16. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

The problem with those islands is that the water between them is so shallow that you can usually just walk between them. Zombies can't drown either, remember.

17. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Joe's right.

The only way to deal with water is to do hunting dives - Floaters, zombies at the bottom, they go for years.

Side note: I wouldn't be at all surprised if that bulldozer used for mine clearance where they can't get disposal units in, or there are too many to even bother trying to disarm.

For those of you in Germany/surround area, I'd check out the Flacktowers in Berlin (http://www.airpower.at/news03/0813_luftkrieg_ostmark/flaktuerme.htm). There are a few that're totally useless, the insides have caved, but there are one or two with intact internals, and there is one that's been converted into an apartment block. A well prepared team could get a dual layer chain link fence up (7-8 feet tall) in a few days, some work on the main doors (if the inhabitants were sufficiently prepared, a side rolling door could be fitted in a matter of days, too). The roof could be modified to have crop growing capabilities. I'd lose the bottom floor for storage and emergency generators and the 'last line' defence, second for medical, and live on the remaining floors. Stairs between the first and second floor replaced with wooden stairs so in the event of being over run, you can take them down and be secure for a few days, until they start piling on top of each other. Which is probably what would happen with the chain link fence. It's not ideal, but I don't know anyone who has access to a missile silo (Though the US government did sell a few of the Titan silos a while back, they were in such disrepair that you'd spend years renovating it before it was of any use).

I'd still prefer to remain mobile, though. In the words of 'Rides a ten speed everywhere guy' "And it's a great way to stay in shape"

Last edited: 1 Aug 2008
  18. nickhelton

In your opinion, what would be the best weapon?
    I would have to go with a semi-auto shotty shooting slugs. I mean, a chainsaw is impractical. You have to carry that heavy thing, then the constant vibration and you can only deal with one at a time and in very close quarters. A baseball bat would be horrible after smashing a few skulls in. Your shoulders would cry. I would definitely start collecting shotguns if it became an issue.

19. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

My only issue with guns is the noise - Theoretically zombies can 'hear' for quite a distance, so you could well be getting yourself into a huge mess with a shotgun (As I'm sure you know, they're loud).

My personal preference would be a machette. One piece of metal, 18" blade, with a good five or six inches of height so it could be sharpened for a good number of years, even with crude methods, and still be effective. For a handle I'd use wood bolted to the main blade in three places, wrapped in something for comfort (Twine for example). I'd also suggest a hatchet, as that doubles as a hammer should you need it.

If you could get a good one, some kind of bow that you can make your own arrows for, or have a steady supply wouldn't be a bad move, just be aware that making a kill with one would be damned impossible.

The shotgun is certainly good as a 'cloud of death' but I'd not use it unless I had an escape route meticulously planned - I wouldn't want to be around when more undead investigate the sound it made.

20. nickhelton

Zombies are like cockroaches. You kill one, 20 more come. So you never want to stay in one place unless you are SUPER locked in and they dont know your in. The machete would be good. lite. A katana would be good.